Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core2 price drops in effect
I just picked up an E6600 from newegg for $235, and they throw in some game free. That same CPU was something like $330 5 hours ago.

The other C2D CPU's are also cut.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Ya, I had heard that the price wars were going to start this month. AMD has already dropped their prices. I'm preparing for a double system upgrade soon, as my wife and I decided we'd upgrade our PC's to celebrate selling our house. It's impressive that we've kept these AMD Athlon 1.12 GHz systems for so long.
Is this going to be your CCTV server? Are you planning to demo it on the user's group meeting next weekend? If so, I gots to sees that ....
I'm going to go to Frys and see if there are any deals I want for a new PS machine.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
rdf Wrote:Is this going to be your CCTV server? Are you planning to demo it on the user's group meeting next weekend? If so, I gots to sees that ....

Yep. Well, got the high-end C2D (E6600) as I'm hoping it'll have the chops to do:
1) CCTV DVR for 8 cameras (low-cpu)
2) SageTV DVR for 1 HDTV, 2 SDTV tuners (low-cpu)
3) On-the-fly transcoding of OTA HD channels to my MediaMVP (very high cpu)
4) Database server (low/mid-cpu).

Based on when exactly the chip shows up (wed/thu), I *might* be able to get through #1 (CCTV) for the webinar. Heck, with luck, I could do #1 and #4. I'm hoping to do them all by next Monday-ish.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
:-( Frys hasn't dropped their prices one penny and they say they don't know when they will.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good price on Lexicon MC-12B Dean Roddey 2 4,346 09-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Hiller