Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get going with 3500?
My 3500 arrived today and I bought a wireless card for it. Problem is the machine only has SP2 on it and my USB mem keys and USB DVD drive will not work with it. How can I get around this and get drives to the machine? There is no net port on it apparently, just a modem plug.
My 3400 with Win2K would mount a USB memory stick onto which I copied the drivers for the Network card (wired card). I was good to go after that.
Jim
noworries Wrote:My 3400 with Win2K would mount a USB memory stick onto which I copied the drivers for the Network card (wired card). I was good to go after that.

I was hoping for that to work for me too, but I've tried 3 diff USB memory sticks and each one just ends up with the "found new hardware" wizard prompting for a device driver for a "USB Mass Storage Device". Did your Win2k already have SP4 installed? I think thats the key for the USB devices to work. I'm just not sure how to get it on there
Use the dialup modem and go find the network card drivers--

Or, remove the drive and mount it as a slave in another computer then copy the network card drivers onto it, reinstall in tablet, get network card going, then upgrade to SP4.
Jim
if it's like the 3400, there really is a network connection in it... they just didn't bother to bring it out to a standard RJ45 jack (RJ48?)

it comes out as 4 pins on that huge connector on the bottom... be more useful if they would of just scrapped the modem and used that space for the enet connector...
Looks like I found a workaround. I'm using my laptop with IR to transfer files to the 3400 over its IR port. Hopefully this will work...
Sendero Wrote:Looks like I found a workaround. I'm using my laptop with IR to transfer files to the 3400 over its IR port. Hopefully this will work...
sorry I got here late.... I had to initially transfer some files to my 3400 and we did it via IR... so it will def work for you
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Yup, the IR worked great. Got SP4 installed and now my CD drive and USB mem sticks all work fine. Now if only I could get CQC to install Smile (got another thread going on that issue)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fujitsu 3500 Win2k problem Providince 9 2,444 05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Last Post: sic0048