Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliders and volumes
Dean, I think this is the first time I've noticed this. I set the limits on the volume field to what they actually are...namely, 0 = max, 79 = min. That works with sliders fine...but the problem is that the sliders assume 0 is the min....so sliding the slider UP causes the volume to go down.

I tried changing the field limits from 79 to 0 instead, and boy did it not like that.

Is my only choice to set the field limits artificially reversed to 0 (min) to 79 (max), and do the recalculation internally? I kind of liked showing the actual numbers used, but it's not a big deal if I have to make up my own.
Wouldn't it be -79 to 0? If you set the field to an Int type and set the limits to -79 to 0, that should work.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Well, -79 to 0 WOULD work, but the spec clearly indicates it's 79 (min) to 0 (max). I realize that normal volume numbers, usually dB, are negative to 0 and then even positive.....but for whatever reason, the spec definitely calls for all positives, 79 to 0.

If the sliders won't allow for that, then I guess I'll just have to make the limits -79 to 0, and when I go to actually write it to the device, I'll multiply it by -1.
It probably is really representing dB, but they just don't want to have to deal with negative numbers in the protocol.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue with Sliders or Borg Displays avtexan 3 2,192 01-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  sliders and lists potts.mike 5 2,105 06-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: SamVimes2