Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume Slider
These are the commands I have running when my template loads. I'm trying to hide one volume slider and keep the other visable depending on the zone that is selected. My problem is you can see both volume sliders for a second when the template loads. Is there a way to stop this.

Also, is there a way to achieve the same results with only one volume slider?

If System::Equals(%(GVar:ZoneNum), 1)
vol z1::Hide/Show(True)
vol z2::Hide/Show(False)
End
If System::Equals(%(GVar:ZoneNum), 2)
vol z1::Hide/Show(False)
vol z2::Hide/Show(True)
End
SampleCoverArtBrowser::SetSortOrder(By Artist)
Set them initially invisible in the slider's base attributes tab. That way they'll stay hidden until you explicitly show them on load.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Is there a way to do this with one slider?
There's no way to change the field association except during loading of a template or overlay, so it wouldn't be too easy.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I realize this thread is old, but if you haven't used global variables for this, then this post still applies. Basically you can use the global variables and XLAT the vol slider to the global variable so that it shows the status of that selected zones volume.

For example, in my set up I have one main audio template and it shows the status of my B&K CT600 whole house system depending on what zone is currently selected.

The normal power field is ct600.ZoneAPower for the "A" zone. I use a check box that is associated with driver "ct600", field "ZoneAPower" and then XLAT it on the main template background (not the XLAT tab in the widget) to be "Zone %(GVar:Zone) Power" Don't forget you have to name the widget for it to show up in the template XLAT tab. I have my GVar to be set for "A", "B", "C", "D", etc depending on the zone selected. That way the system sees "ct600.Zone %(GVar:Zone) Power" and if Zone B is selected it reads it as "ct600.Zone B Power" when the Global Variable inputs the current zone "B". This is the format that the ct600 is looking for "ct600.ZoneBPower" and the widgit will display the current setting (True or False) AND allow you to change it normally - off to on, on to off.

Volume is the same. Volume field is normally "ct600.ZoneAVolume" and I XLAT that to "ct600.Zone %(GVar:Zone) Volume" on the main template. Then it shows the volume of the currently selected zone with just one volume widget and allows you to adjust the volume as well.

If you are already using Global Variables for this, then hopefully this post can help the next guy when they are searching the forums.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use single On/Off/Slider to control group jkmonroe 3 3,149 08-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Slider Widget potts.mike 1 2,093 04-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Increment Volume via Echo? jkmonroe 2 2,524 02-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Volume Control greyjeep 3 2,676 11-21-2015, 10:56 AM
  Where to set volume? rtarver 3 2,442 02-16-2015, 10:27 AM
  question regarding volume knobs? pjwinstalls 5 2,512 11-22-2008, 01:07 AM
  Multi-channel amp volume controls notyou 13 4,778 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Russound CAV Volume adjust ellisr63 1 1,396 11-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ToyMaster458
  Whole House Audio Volume control what are you using? CalypsoCowboy 9 4,088 08-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Last Post: rm1759
  Control audio zone volume with CQC robolo 1 1,485 05-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: robolo