Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March CQC User Group Meeting: 3/31, 8:30am PST
Nod. I saw that stuff in there. My next logical step is to get a simple "turn the lights on/off" depending on their current state (and if their security level allows it). Then I'll play with decorating the christmas tree.

Oh, then I have to put some other stuff around it. It's a bit hard to find within the CMLBin/user/Secure path. Plus I want to do more than just lighting. I had hoped to be able to select DVDs and start them but I don't see anything in the documentation about the repository being exposed yet.

Russ...
All the media repository stuff is exposed at the CML level, so in theory you could do it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Helheim Wrote:Sure......
Wonderful - what do I need to use it - a client of some sort.

Is there any way of checking that it works OK on my ISDN connection prrior to the event?

Mick
znelbok,
Yes, there's a client to d/l; IVB had instructions at post 38 in the "Signup for Intro to HA Webex" thread.

TeamSpeak worked great, btw. Thanks to Helheim for letting us use the server, and to IVB for his time and effort giving the presentation. One thing we learned .... use push-to-talk and assign a keyboard key to key your microphone. If you use voice activation, you get the ECHOEchoecho..... thing.
Just realized I didn't put the generic agenda in the first post. Updated it, but to echo it here:

8:30- 9:00am: CQC Overview for the newbies
9:00-10:30am: Advanced topics as requested (ie, webserver)

Hence, anyone who missed the "Intro to HA" or forgot most of it should attend the first 30 mins. Me or one of the regulars will cover the 2 hours of material in 30 minutes (cut down by skipping detail and as many examples as I did).
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I might have an issue with the teamspeak/concall bridge - can anyone else (in US) help with figuring out how to bridge this?

The only PC I can get the mic for TeamSpeak (used for the webinar, blue-screened twice) now looks to have some serious corruption issues. Looks to be too much stuff, too much weird stuff on it. I'm going to have to reformat it, not sure I can finish that and get it working by next Saturday.
Can i suggest droping Team Speak, and using a different SIP provider?

I have no issues hosting an SIP conference on my asterisk server (20Mb E3 connection). I can send a link for client software to replace the Team Speak Client (tested on Vista and XP).

I also have a USA based Phone Number, that i belive is limited to 4 concurrent callers, but can look into this more, if there are people who need land line connections (just need a poll to see what countries to get the best value bridge in place).

I have an account with MCI which we can use for WebEX / MSLiveMeeting if needed.

just a though...
-d
what if only I was the one using the USA phone #, and I 3-wayed the gotomeeting's conference call #? That could be the bridge between the widely broadcast phone # and your SIP.
damian.flynn Wrote:I also have a USA based Phone Number, that i belive is limited to 4 concurrent callers
By the way, I found out that the free US numbers IPKall provide allow up to 99 inbound call sessions! Always wanted to see how many I could use at once! :-)
IVB,

Can you send me the info for this weekends call? I am interested in participating.

thanks,
Acropolis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use single On/Off/Slider to control group jkmonroe 3 3,112 08-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Philips Hue group config pinballmark 8 4,496 07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  User Action on ZWave Keypad jkmonroe 18 8,313 04-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  user screen resolution ellisr63 4 2,689 11-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  VRCOP User Action Configuration potts.mike 30 10,246 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  User Interface for Irrigation Scheduling? fcwilt 2 2,090 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  New User Northernsprink 5 2,815 03-22-2011, 10:22 AM
  A thought about the first user experience scott 15 4,987 08-04-2010, 12:15 AM
  Lost User and Password alfredholzheu 2 1,801 06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Last Post: alfredholzheu
  Potentially a new user, but som questions first :) aagesen 10 3,070 09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Last Post: sic0048