Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuvo Essentia Driver Ready for Testing
Yeah, but it's that ol' you touched it last syndrome :-)

Target, I'm out for tonight, but tomorrow, give me a shout and I can remote in and I'll see what I see. However, I can't do much if you can't get past the Wait for Comm Resource as that usually indicates a hardware issue with your COM port or some other application has snagged it. There may be some other subtle differences in this Essentia version you have that we haven't uncovered yet. BTW, what is an Essentia Biticino anyway? That's a new one for me. The manual that JRlewis provided is clearly different than the standard Essentia.
The only thing I did to get him limping by on a temporary driver was to comment out the power and volume extraction in the initial If statement in that method and then put a conditional on writing to the volume/mute and source if the zone was off. I'm guessing he is in a situation where something else has the com.

Question for Dean...Since you can't determine the state of the volume, mute, and source when a particular zone is off should the ErrState be set to True for those zone fields when a zone is off? Wouldn't this qualify as a DeadIfOff type situation?
Yeh, technically they should be left in error state until you can get a value. After that, I guess it's fine to leave them showing the previous state until they are successfully read again.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, technically they should be left in error state until you can get a value. After that, I guess it's fine to leave them showing the previous state until they are successfully read again.

I went back and forth on how to handle that (going in and out). I decided to just leave the previous state. On drivers like TVs, I usually create an 'unknown' state for those fields that make sense and set the value to unknown when the device is powered off.
Well, Dean was completely right on this one. I mixed up the comm port numbers. The driver is now working fantastically. Thanks a million guys.

Target
Target Wrote:Well, Dean was completely right on this one. I mixed up the comm port numbers. The driver is now working fantastically. Thanks a million guys.

Target

Good to hear. Let me know if you run across any other abormalities.
I am having some issues with this driver. Most likely user errors but after 4 hours and no ideas I figured I had no choice but to post what most likely will be a dumb quesiton.

Hooked the nuvo up and I get a connection and it shows connected. After fooling around for a while I have one zone powered up but I cant change the volume or power up any other zones.

In the field browser I can make changes to the varaibles and they seeem to take but as far as the zone lights that show on or the music volume i see not changes. I would assume since these are readwrite variables any change I make gets sent to the nuvo and the nuvo repolled? If so the fact that my changes arent taking makes no sense.

When I first started playing I only hooked up one set of speakers. For a while I saw no green lights(zones on). But at one point zone 2 turned on(green light). I heard a super faint wisper of music coming out.

Now I cant turn that zone off, I cant adjust volume or turn any other zone on. The nuvo may block me from turning on zones with no speakres but does it make any sense that I can change the volume in the variable browser and not have the changes make a real effect?

When tesitng a uinit like this should I expect to be able to connect with hyperterminal if I remove the driver/comm port from CQC? i am trying to figure out if there is a way I can take CQC out of the testing since this is a nuvo amp I just bought of ebay. I have never seen it work and I got a great deal since I didnt get keypads.. So I have no other way to make command changes.
That sounds like an amp issue....If the volume value 'sticks' then that is the Essentia saying it has accepted the new volume as those values are regularly polled. If the value changes and then changes right back then that's the unit rejecting the command.

Remove the driver via Admin and using the same PC, open up Hyperterminal and give it some commands manually.

You might check with Nuvo to see if the unit would act weird if there are NO keypads present.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RFXcom driver or Tellstick driver kernal69 8 3,682 01-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Dune driver wait for config error ellisr63 44 13,039 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Nuvo Grand Concerto V2 & MusicPort (NV-MP) avtexan 16 5,178 08-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  TTS II Driver requirements znelbok 1 1,216 05-20-2019, 09:34 PM
  CQC to PowerView Hub via Serial Driver Deane Johnson 18 8,548 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  HAI Driver Issue avtexan 6 4,166 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
  Monoprice 8x8 HDMI matrix Driver NightLight 13 10,076 09-04-2017, 09:45 AM
  ELK V2 Driver - AreaArm field & Triggers? sic0048 4 4,007 08-19-2017, 04:46 PM
  UPB Driver Issue tcmcgec 6 5,827 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  HAI OmniProII Driver problems MBurger 4 4,450 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM