Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuvo Essentia Driver Ready for Testing
I've completed the first run of the Nuvo Essentia Driver. This driver controls the Nuvo Essentia multizone amplifier. It allows Power on/off, Mute on/off, Volume and Source control for each zone, plus the commands ALLOFF (all zones power off), ALLMON (all zones mute) and ALLMOFF (all zones unmute).

Please comment and note any problems here.

Note (Developed with 2.0.3 so it should work on anyone's post 2.0 installation)

Robert

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   Nuvo Essentia.CQCDrvPack (Size: 8.76 KB / Downloads: 7)
Updated the driver pack....There was a discrepancy between what the docs said and what was actually replied on a MUTE change.
Having found the right home...Target....Import this driver pack and install this version of the driver (make sure you unload the original). It should show up as Nuvo Essentia_User. After loading the driver set the verbosity to high for 10 seconds or so. Now check the logs and post a section of the log that is showing what errors are occuring. I only added logging to a couple of spots so it may not tell you alot, but it will get us pointed in the right direction.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   nuvo_essentia.CQCDrvPack (Size: 8.87 KB / Downloads: 2)
Sorry, late to this discussion....

Is this a grand essentia? Is there an updated protocol doc?
Robert,

I did a little troubleshooting on this. The protocol is located here. It isn't a Grand Essentia. The model is a NV-E6DMS. The protocol shows a full response when the zone is either on or off. For this particular unit when the zone is off it is only returning the power status of the zone as being off and nothing else (#Z01PWROFF as an example). When the zone is on it reports all the info like src, volume, etc.
jrlewis Wrote:Robert,

I did a little troubleshooting on this. The protocol is located here. It isn't a Grand Essentia. The model is a NV-E6DMS. The protocol shows a full response when the zone is either on or off. For this particular unit when the zone is off it is only returning the power status of the zone as being off and nothing else (#Z01PWROFF as an example). When the zone is on it reports all the info like src, volume, etc.

Strange....Okay, I'll tidy up the code for that and send it to Dean as an update.
Slight snafu...The model he has is actually a NV-E6DMS-DC-1 and the manual he got with it is this one. The manual does specify the remaining information will not be there if the zone is off.
I just installed the 1.1 driver with CQC 2.3.7, and it isn't working with the Essentia. Just get a flat waiting for comm resource. Any ideas?

Target
Target Wrote:I just installed the 1.1 driver with CQC 2.3.7, and it isn't working with the Essentia. Just get a flat waiting for comm resource. Any ideas?

Target

That's odd....Nothing in that section of code changed at all. There was only three lines of code changed and it was in the ProcessZoneStatusReply method and that was it, so if I broke something there, I would expect you to at least get a cycling between connected and Wait to Connect. Wait for Com resource means something else has your COM port. Did you remove your old driver?
If you are getting wait for comm resource, that has nothing to do with the driver probably. He's been having these issues in general, so I don't think it has anything to do with it probably.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RFXcom driver or Tellstick driver kernal69 8 3,682 01-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Dune driver wait for config error ellisr63 44 13,039 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Nuvo Grand Concerto V2 & MusicPort (NV-MP) avtexan 16 5,178 08-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  TTS II Driver requirements znelbok 1 1,216 05-20-2019, 09:34 PM
  CQC to PowerView Hub via Serial Driver Deane Johnson 18 8,548 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  HAI Driver Issue avtexan 6 4,166 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
  Monoprice 8x8 HDMI matrix Driver NightLight 13 10,076 09-04-2017, 09:45 AM
  ELK V2 Driver - AreaArm field & Triggers? sic0048 4 4,007 08-19-2017, 04:46 PM
  UPB Driver Issue tcmcgec 6 5,827 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  HAI OmniProII Driver problems MBurger 4 4,450 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM