Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An update question
Hi,

Is there a preferred procedure for upgrading CQC to a newer version? Do you have to uninstall your existing version first?

Upgrading to a newer version, do you have to get a new key? (existing version is post v2.0)
backup your old CQC directory...
shutoff CQC on your server and all your clients..
then install on your server...
then install on your clients..
i think that is it.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
It's covered in the release notes that is in the installer main directory.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Oops! RTFM then.

Sorry! :-)
At one point I had CQC 1.7.20 installed on my laptop (master server) and an old PC with only interface viewer and command prompt as I was testing the distributed stuff. I don't turn the old PC on often. I upgraded my master server to 2.0.0 and then 2.0.4 and now 2.0.14 since I last turned on that old PC.

I decided to turn on the old PC tonight and upgrade it as well but can't figure out how to do this. I can't directly install 2.0.14 as it tells me it only upgrades from 2.0.0 so I tried to upgrade to 2.0.0 first but in the installation process it wants to connect to the master server but errors out. I am guessing this is because the master is on 2.0.14.

Any suggestions on getting past this to get my old PC on 2.0.14?
stop the CQC service, then delete the C:\ProgramFiles\CQC directory, then install.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
IVB Wrote:stop the CQC service, then delete the C:\ProgramFiles\CQC directory, then install.

I stopped the CQC services on both PCs. I renamed the CQC directory on the old PC, then installed 2.0.0 on it and made it the master server for this step and it installed. Then I installed 2.0.14 and let it upgrade, (this time I restated CQC on the real master server) and told the old PC to use it as the master. Again it would not pass the test to connect to the master server (laptop) and so cannot complete the install as a client.

Maybe it is a network issue, although I can see each PC from the other in My Network Places and I have tried diabling Norton on both machines.
There's not really much to gain from trying to upgrade the old PC from a MS to a client, since it's not going to really keep any of the old MS stuff that is there now (because this machine isn't going to be the MS anymore.) So it's not really gaining you anything, and may be causing problems.

So you would be best just stopping the service on the the old machine, removing the CQC directory, and installing 2.0.14 clean as a client.

Are you doing this because you want to save templates or something that you'd done on this old machine? It doesn't sound like it since it sounds like you'd already moved the MS to another machine a while back. If you don'tneed to save anything, just stop the service, wipe out CQC on that machine and install fresh as a client and you'll probably be good. If you aren't, then you know it's for a legimate reason, not become of some wierdness of trying to downgrade a MS to a client.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on ZWave & RadioRA2 Multi-Gang and CQC gReatAutomation 1 1,188 01-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Server hardware question rhosch 3 2,119 10-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: rhosch
  Beware of Latest Windows 10 Update kblagron 10 4,538 09-13-2019, 12:33 PM
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 3,693 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  event and subsequent countdown timer question dogman 9 5,060 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dogman
  Another big Sonos update coming Dean Roddey 7 4,392 01-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Last Post: batwater
  webriva template question lleo 21 11,341 01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
  Problems with App Control in 4.8.3 update MikeA 2 2,876 04-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Last Post: MikeA
  Tivo control question MikeA 21 12,106 12-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dogman
  Question on Hue and Lux driver Deane Johnson 5 3,294 05-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson