Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortcut Keys
Hi Dean,

When you have nothing to do, could you add a list of all the supported shortcut keys to the various menus.

I am mainly thinking about the CML driver development IDE but I think it would be good for all menus.

I switch between products a lot and get awfully confused and forget what key sequence does what in which application.

I'm just thinking of a "ShortCuts" menu item that has them all listed. And if there are any current functions listed on the existing menu that also have shortcut keys, can you write the shortcut key next to the function title.
e.g. Compile (F7)

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Ok. The other thing I need to do is add an icon bar to the IDE's source editor window, for fast access to common stuff.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean, that would be most helpfull as well.

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Hi Dean,

I thought I read in one of your 1.4 lists that you had done this.

I just started the 1.4 editor (I think) and I don't see them.

Cheers

Rohan
No, unfortunately there just wasn't time to slip that in. It's something that could be slipped into the inevitable 1.4.whatever patch release that we'll almost certainly do once 1.4 gets more widely used and some little glitches are found that didn't come out in the beta.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
No Worries
i am new to cqc and have not yet found a list of shortcuts. i know there are some like to refresh the interface viewer (which i do 1000 times an hour) or there must some way to return from fullscreen mode. i did a search and checked the manuals but i have not located this info yet.

thanks,

g
indygreg Wrote:i am new to cqc and have not yet found a list of shortcuts. i know there are some like to refresh the interface viewer (which i do 1000 times an hour) or there must some way to return from fullscreen mode. i did a search and checked the manuals but i have not located this info yet.

thanks,

g

Why are you refreshing the interface viewer? It keeps up with field changes. If you have a web browser widget, you can set an autorefresh interval.
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:Why are you refreshing the interface viewer? It keeps up with field changes. If you have a web browser widget, you can set an autorefresh interval.

Perhaps if he's making many changes to templates via the IE and needs to reload ('refresh'). Otherwise, I agree...No need to refresh the viewer.
robertmee Wrote:Perhaps if he's making many changes to templates via the IE and needs to reload ('refresh'). Otherwise, I agree...No need to refresh the viewer.

Yeah - When I'm editing a template, I probably reload the viewer a 1000 times an hour as well! Is there a hot-key?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Configure Elk Function Keys kblagron 2 1,416 12-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  CML macro editor shortcut problem dlmorgan999 3 3,497 12-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Hot Keys zra 9 4,397 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: zra
  ZoomPlayer navigation keys and TCP commands gfredricks 5 2,794 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Last Post: jpants
  Template hot keys potts.mike 1 1,476 05-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey