Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UPgrading an old CQC
I need to upgrade an old 3.3.23 version of CQC to the latest.

Owner was a tight arse and never wanted to pay for upgrades and now they have lost access to the system via the old iOS app (iOS update stopped the app from working).

So what are the steps I will need to follow - what versions will I have to step through to get it all up to date.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
That's going to be an adventure. There are some point where you may have to get up to one version before you can go to the next. The installer will tell you if you can't upgrade from where you are. I'd take a few steps along the way, like 4.0, then maybe 4.5, then 5.0. If it complains at any point, back up to the version it tells you it needs and do that one, then move forward again.

Once at 5.x, you will have to finally do 5.4.914 -> 5.4.917 -> 6.x to get through the open source transition.

That's about the best advice I can give. Mostly there weren't too many such points along the way. Some of them were only for folks who were doing betas, which you won't be dealing with on that upgrade path.

Of course, once you've gone that far, you may end up with some glitches that will need to be dealt with. That's a long way to upgrade.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean

I might test in a VM first to make sure of the steps needed - at least I can back out easily should I need to. I never expected it to be a single jump up to 5.4.914 - that would have been asking too much, but I suppose its worth a try - can't hurt at all.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
(05-17-2021, 03:00 PM)znelbok Wrote: Thanks Dean

I might test in a VM first to make sure of the steps needed - at least I can back out easily should I need to.  I never expected it to be a single jump up to 5.4.914 - that would have been asking too much, but I suppose its worth a try - can't hurt at all.
Good thing is the new webriva is a big improvement. I have 5 wall mounted iPad2's and they work much better and faster then the old IOS app.
And you can test with the same URL from a laptop/pc/android/IOS. makes troubleshooting much easier than a dedicated IOS app.
Good Luck.
K
I'm going through this process myself. Since there isn't really a good walk-though on this yet, I thought I would post my experience.

First, I was able to start out on 5.2.9. If you are on an earlier version and try to install 5.2.9, the installer may tell you to install an earlier version.

From there you are forced to upgrade to 5.3.2 (https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downlo..._5_3_2.exe)
From there you have to upgrade to 5.4.914 (https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downlo..._4_914.exe)
From there you have to upgrade to 5.4.917 (http://www.charmedquark.com/web2/Downloa..._4_917.exe)

Once I was on 5.4.917, I was able to go directly to the latest version: 6.0.2 (https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downlo..._6_0_2.exe)

Hopefully that can help some people upgrade without too much trouble.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Error Since Upgrading zra 2 1,341 04-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Last Post: zra
  Upgrading CQC to try out Riva Roscoe62 1 1,481 05-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  need advice on upgrading htpc to win7 Roscoe62 6 2,396 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM