Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISY and scenes
(04-07-2021, 08:36 AM)kblagron Wrote: I am running v4.7.3 firmware with the v4.9.0 user interface.  I know there are some issues that were pointed out with the 5.0+ firmware last year, but can't remember what they were.  The UI says I can upgrade to 4.9 but have been leery of doing so since my system works fine as it is now. 

It seems odd that you have the Zwave devices on V2 driver but not scenes, and I have the scenes but not Zwave devices.  It would seem it would have to be a firmware or configuration difference.

What version are you on?
Just to be clear. I have zwave switches on both version of the driver.
The difference is that I have scenes in Wuench's version and I don't in the V2 driver.
Thanks
George M
I just tested out the "Run Program" from Wuench's driver and it works well.
So depending on which is easer to include (scenes or programs), either would do the job.
Thanks
George M
In Wuench's driver, for scene control here is one of my commands.  I just do scene on/off and nothing else, but it works good.

Devices::FieldWrite
    P1=Lighting.SceneOff
    P2=FamilyArea
    P3=True

I would probably switch to the V2 driver if I could figure out why the Zwave devices don't show up there, as I can control scenes on V2 using a driver field, versus the Wuench version where you have to know the name of the scene to perform an operation.

Are you also on V 4.7.3?  Maybe I need to move up to 4.9.
(04-08-2021, 09:20 PM)kblagron Wrote: In Wuench's driver, for scene control here is one of my commands.  I just do scene on/off and nothing else, but it works good.

Devices::FieldWrite
    P1=Lighting.SceneOff
    P2=FamilyArea
    P3=True

I would probably switch to the V2 driver if I could figure out why the Zwave devices don't show up there, as I can control scenes on V2 using a driver field, versus the Wuench version where you have to know the name of the scene to perform an operation.

Are you also on V 4.7.3?  Maybe I need to move up to 4.9.
Yes in Wuench's driver that's how I would use the scenes also. Just a simple on or off.

How are you using a driver field on V2 to control a scene. My scenes do not show up in the V2 driver. If they did I would be set.
The only zwave I use are switches and the show up in V2 looking exactly the same as the Insteon switches. You cant tell they are zwave by looking at them

If you are talking about the firmware for the ISY it is 5.3.3. From what I understand the switched to a different zwave chip (300 to 500) which moved the version into the 5's.
It supposedly was to include security features. This is what I am getting from forums threads
Thanks
George M
(04-07-2021, 03:22 PM)George M Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Can you grab the XML for the scene controller in  your system and post it?

Exactly what file am I looking for and where would I find it?

There's a URL you have to hit. I'm not sure what it is anymore. It'll be relative to the base device URL. It shows you the XML description of all of the attached modules. If someone can come up with it I can add it to the drive doc.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(04-09-2021, 01:02 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 03:22 PM)George M Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Can you grab the XML for the scene controller in  your system and post it?

Exactly what file am I looking for and where would I find it?

There's a URL you have to hit. I'm not sure what it is anymore. It'll be relative to the base device URL. It shows you the XML description of all of the attached modules. If someone can come up with it I can add it to the drive doc.
Is this what you are looking for?

192.1.x.x/desc

<root xmlns="urnConfusedchemas-upnp-org:device-1-0">
<specVersion>
<major>1</major>
<minor>0</minor>
</specVersion>
<URLBase>http://192.168.1.50</URLBase>
<device>
<deviceType>urn:udi-com:device:X_Insteon_Lighting_Device:1</deviceType>
<friendlyName>ISY</friendlyName>
<manufacturer>Universal Devices Inc.</manufacturer>
<manufacturerURL>https://www.universal-devices.com</manufacturerURL>
<modelDescription>X_Insteon_Lighting_Device:1</modelDescription>
<modelName>ISY 994i 1024 IR</modelName>
<modelNumber>1110</modelNumber>
<modelVersion>5.3.3</modelVersion>
<UDN>uuid:00:21:b9:02:5b:63</UDN>
<UPC>uuid:00:21:b9:02:5b:63</UPC>
<serviceList>
<service>
<serviceType>urn:udi-comConfusedervice:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1</serviceType>
<serviceId>urn:udi-comConfusederviceId:uuid:00:21:b9:02:5b:63</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/services.wsdl</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/services</controlURL>
<eventSubURL>/eventing</eventSubURL>
</service>
<service>
<serviceType>UDIELKWebServices</serviceType>
<serviceId>uuid:00:21:b9:02:5b:63-UDIELKWebServices</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/elkServices.wsdl</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/security/elk</controlURL>
</service>
<service>
<serviceType>UDISEPWebServices</serviceType>
<serviceId>uuid:00:21:b9:02:5b:63-UDISEPWebServices</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/sepServices.wsdl</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/sepServices</controlURL>
</service>
<service>
<serviceType>UDIZWaveWebServices</serviceType>
<serviceId>uuid:00:21:b9:02:5b:63-UDIZWaveWebServices</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/zwaveServices.wsdl</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/zwaveServices</controlURL>
</service>
</serviceList>
<presentationURL>/</presentationURL>
</device>

</root>
Thanks
George M
That's for the overall ISY itself presumably. There's another one that shows the connected devices. And it can be pretty large so you'd want to search it for the particular device and cut that out and paste it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(04-11-2021, 11:12 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's for the overall ISY itself presumably. There's another one that shows the connected devices. And it can be pretty large so you'd want to search it for the particular device and cut that out and paste it.
 I don't know where to find the file you are looking for. 

Does anyone know where this file resides?
Thanks
George M
I looked around as well, and couldn't find it either.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISY scenes and relays missing carealtor 1 934 11-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  One More Insteon Question: How to get instant feedback for scenes? 1080iAddict 4 1,174 10-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Last Post: zaccari