Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISY and scenes
I just added some scenes to my ISY setup. I was expecting to see them come up in CQC but they didn't.
Can QCQ control scenes in ISY?
Thanks
George M
I don't remember. Hopefully a user can clarify. The driver doc lists Scene Controller as one of the device categories supported.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yeah, I read that. Also I just included a Zwave switch and it is not showing up either.
Thanks
George M
Hi George,

It's been literally years since I have touched my ISY/Insteon setup in any great depth so not able to answer on memory unfortunately or recall how to setup.  I can tell you this:

1. I can see scenes in the ISY driver (double clicked on the driver in the Admin interface) and do use them to turn on/off multiple lights to different dim levels etc.  So it must be supported.

2. I think I set the scenes up via the ISY admin interface initially.  i.e. name a scene All lights and dragged all lights into that scene etc.

You mentioned Z-Wave... I can only speak for Insteon in my case.
-Mike G
I am using Wuench's ISY driver V2.3 and it supports scenes and Zwave.  I also have the ISY V2 driver on pause, and just checked and it also supports scenes, and they are created as Shaky says above.

On the Zwave, I was planning on moving to the V2 driver,, but it doesn't support Zwave devices, but Wuench's driver does, so that is why I am using that.  It works fairly well, but on devices that can be dimmed, the dimmer scaling isn't correct (At least for fans).  As I remember, when you set the driver dimming of 40%, it is equal to 100% intensity.  I just wrote a small routine to handle that.  I only use  the Zwave devices for fans, so don't know about any other Zwave devices.
I have tried Wuench's v2.2 and it does support scenes and zwave lights. It is a V1 driver. I'll look for v2.3

In Deans V2 driver (which I like because it is cleaner - doesn't have all the ramp up, ramp down fields etc) I do not see any scenes.
But my zwave switches do show up now as just another switch.

Would like to get scenes to show up in V2 driver so I don't have to redo all my events.
Thanks
George M
Maybe he added something for scenes that's not in the shipped one. It may just be the ids of your particular device. Their id scheme isn't great, and you have to pretty much look for specific device ids to be sure it's the type you need.
Dean Roddey
I am running v4.7.3 firmware with the v4.9.0 user interface. I know there are some issues that were pointed out with the 5.0+ firmware last year, but can't remember what they were. The UI says I can upgrade to 4.9 but have been leery of doing so since my system works fine as it is now.

It seems odd that you have the Zwave devices on V2 driver but not scenes, and I have the scenes but not Zwave devices. It would seem it would have to be a firmware or configuration difference.

What version are you on?
Can you grab the XML for the scene controller in your system and post it?
Dean Roddey
(04-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Can you grab the XML for the scene controller in  your system and post it?

Exactly what file am I looking for and where would I find it?
Thanks
George M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISY scenes and relays missing carealtor 1 967 11-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  One More Insteon Question: How to get instant feedback for scenes? 1080iAddict 4 1,216 10-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Last Post: zaccari