Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.x Beta Release Discussions Thread
Has the problem Mike G is describing been fixed? I'm still on 6.02 and am experiencing the same issue with the irrigation driver displaying %(H,2):05:09 ... etc.
(05-07-2022, 02:06 PM)pilotguy7ca Wrote: Has the problem Mike G is describing been fixed?  I'm still on 6.02 and am experiencing the same issue with the irrigation driver displaying %(H,2):05:09 ... etc.

It hasn't been fixed.  I will take a look at the driver and see if it can be an easy fix.  I still have mine, but have moved on to RainMachine which, in my opinion, is superior to the Rain8 hardware and the Irrigation Scheduler driver because it is a self contained unit that doesn't depend on another unit (i.e. Rain8) for it to work. My Rain8 stopped working 2 times due to lightning strikes. No issues in a couple of years with the RainMachine.
Thanks, I'll take a look into RainMachine. First glance it only supports up to 16 zones, I need at least 18...
I'm still using it and no plans of changing so would have loved a fix. I'm debating rolling back to the last laser version to get that functionality back but not sure it's worth the pain or not.  I believe somewhere in here Dean mentioned it was due to something in CQC and not necessarily the driver.  Some type of item in the broader code needed to be made able to accept a larger value.  (staying very broad on my description there as I don't recall the details). If I get some time later I'll look back and find the comment and replace my vague description here. edited - What I thought was talking about the root of this issue was about the driver not loading in the IDE and not this.  

A fix in CQC or the driver would make my summer!
-Mike G
Wink 
Well Mike, I might make your summer.   Smile

Good News: So when JKish wrote the driver, he used the format %(H,2,) and %(D,2,) which probably somewhere along the way, wasn't allowed anymore.  So I went in and fixed it by putting %(H,2,0) and %(D,2,0), and that looks like it fixed it.  That fixed only part of it, however.  

Bad News: It only fixed the History, and Future Events.  The Programs and Zones are formatted using that same missing "0" in JKish's templates.  So if you are using his templates, you will have to go into the templates, and add those zeros in the formatting part of each widget in the templates.  Not hard, but there is a lot of them, and I could not get the search/replace in the Template Editor to work to change those - maybe you can.

I revved up the driver version to 0.61, and you would probably be best to delete your current driver, import this one, and then install.

Let me know if it works.

Blake

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   IrrigationScheduler_0.61.CQCDrvPack (Size: 55.08 KB / Downloads: 2)
(05-08-2022, 09:19 PM)kblagron Wrote: Well Mike, I might make your summer.   Smile

Good News: So when JKish wrote the driver, he used the format %(H,2,) and %(D,2,) which probably somewhere along the way, wasn't allowed anymore.  So I went in and fixed it by putting %(H,2,0) and %(D,2,0), and that looks like it fixed it.  That fixed only part of it, however.  

Bad News: It only fixed the History, and Future Events.  The Programs and Zones are formatted using that same missing "0" in JKish's templates.  So if you are using his templates, you will have to go into the templates, and add those zeros in the formatting part of each widget in the templates.  Not hard, but there is a lot of them, and I could not get the search/replace in the Template Editor to work to change those - maybe you can.

I revved up the driver version to 0.61, and you would probably be best to delete your current driver, import this one, and then install.

Let me know if it works.

Blake

That worked great, thanks!
Wow, What great news!  Thank you so much Blake.  Summer made. Smile   Yeah I'm using an augmented version of his old templates but a little work updating is not a problem.  I'll give the new driver a try when I get a chance here.  Sounds like it will work though.
-Mike G

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 46 15,786 09-23-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jokermac
  Official 6.x Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 2 1,232 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 291 77,850 04-05-2021, 04:10 PM
  6.X Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 1 1,026 04-01-2021, 03:23 PM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 173,990 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 31,966 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 384,767 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 20,335 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 155,034 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 14,514 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM