Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.x Beta Release Discussions Thread
Thanks. Yes, mine is not there either, but don't use any of those.
They are just some simple examples for folks to look at. I've restored the directory so it'll be back next time.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Mark found a bug. Probably no one will hit it, since it involves a seldom used feature. If you create a 'one shot' scheduled event, after it's run, the event server deletes it. But, it turns out that deleting it requires system admin rights but the event server only has power use rights. So it cannot delete that event and that prevents it from loading the scheduled event configuration.

You can manually delete the one shot event if this should happen in the meantime. You'll get an error that something failed (which is because the data server, after the delete, tells the event server to update his config but the event server is still trying to load.) But the delete will work and the event server will then load on its next try.
Dean Roddey
I have been doing some test releases to fix some things and such. So far I've not posted one, I've just been letting some folks try them out, since I've done a lot of low level changes to the general purpose infrastructure. I guess I could go ahead and post the latest one since there's not been any complaints on that one yet.
Dean Roddey
Hi Dean,  was 6.0.2 supposed to address the issue I posted about here?  Related to the irrigation scheduler driver displaying fields incorrectly.

I somehow had missed the 6.0.2 version until today so just installed it now.  Seems the issue is still there so maybe I was thinking one of the changes around CML macros you did in 6.0.2 was for that but was not?  or maybe this newer version you mentioned might correct it?  I will install the newer version to test with if you post it regardless.

Thanks
-Mike G
Various fixes has been made, some of the of the 'could explain anything' type. So I'd try the next one and see if the issue is still there. If so, let me know.
Dean Roddey
If anyone wants to give the latest a try and let me know how it goes for them, it's here:

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downlo..._6_0_7.exe

Once again I tried to order a new SSL cert and once again the order process failed. I tried the chat but they only do support during the week, so I guess I'll have to try to do it during lunch one day, which is sort of pushing it time-wise.
Dean Roddey
I just installed 6.0.7.  Unfortunately that didn't seem to resolve that fields displaying issue in the irrigation driver.  Still looks like %(H,2):52:17 ...

Initial smoke test of the build has everything working as expected otherwise though.
-Mike G
Just installed 6.0.7. Appears to be working fine. I didn't have any issues I was looking to resolve.
Les
There's a few things fixed since then, that I've not put up. Mark has tried them out. He's able to build everything from source now and create an installer image and install it.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 46 10,750 09-23-2021, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jokermac
  Official 6.x Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 2 591 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 291 57,451 04-05-2021, 04:10 PM
  6.X Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 1 474 04-01-2021, 03:23 PM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 151,223 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 26,694 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 340,028 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 18,123 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 144,070 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 13,254 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM