Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost TTS with Win 10 and V5.4.920
Thinking of things that might prevent output without errors, they would be:

1. Make sure the volume field on the driver is not set to zero
2. Make for sure that the App Shell service on the machine where the TTS driver is loaded is running under a normal account, else it won't have the right to do any audio output
3. Maybe there are device access rights now under Windows 10 that might be blocking it? I know there's one for speech recognition, but not sure about audio output. I don't know of one.
4. Watch the directory [cqc]\CQCData\Server\Data\CQSLSpeech\xxx (where xxx is the driver moniker.) When a speech event happens, you should see it queue up a file there which should be played and then deleted. So it should remain around long enough to see if one is actually showing up.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
1. Driver volume is set to 100
2. Tried with logon as localsystem and as the logon for user on the machine.
3. Don't know about this.
4. File does show up and then gets deleted.
Thanks
George M
You may want to verify that the sound output is going to the speakers you want.  First I would Check the Settings-Sound to see how it is set up, and do the Sound Test there.  Could it possibly be that the sound is going out to the Headphone Jack?  Might be worth checking.
(02-26-2021, 09:21 PM)kblagron Wrote: You may want to verify that the sound output is going to the speakers you want.  First I would Check the Settings-Sound to see how it is set up, and do the Sound Test there.  Could it possibly be that the sound is going out to the Headphone Jack?  Might be worth checking.
Yep, sure about that. I was wondering if maybe windows wasn't playing wav files so i manually played a couple of them and heard them fine. Then i thought maybe it had to do with having the wav files in the cqc directory, so I copied them to the directory CQC uses for the speech files. They played fine there also using windows player. So I am confident it is not hardware.

I'm thinking it has to have something to do with cqc player.

Do I need to install another driver to actually play the wav file? As a test I installed the media repository and the CQSLAudio driver. Didn't work.
Thanks
George M
Both of those use the WMP framework to do the audio playback, which means they use DirectShow and it's audio codec system. I would imagine it would have to be something related to that.

Can you bring up WMP and play WAV file OK?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(02-27-2021, 09:34 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Both of those use the WMP framework to do the audio playback, which means they use DirectShow and it's audio codec system. I would imagine it would have to be something related to that.

Can you bring up WMP and play WAV file OK?

That was it. Since this was a new install of windows I had not started or set up WMP. Once I did that it started working correctly.
Thanks for the hand holding.
Thanks
George M
I had read where MS is phasing out WMP, so you probably got hit by it not being set up with the new install.   They want you to use their newer Store App players.  Hopefully this doesn't affect the DirectShow codecs down the road, as I use the TTS every morning for a weather report.
When I was just testing a wav file to see if I was getting sound from the speakers, I didn't think about it but did notice it was using the Groove player.
Thanks
George M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Power - Elk connection problem Ron Haley 7 2,171 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Computer lost server availability George M 6 2,527 04-25-2016, 05:38 AM
Last Post: George M
  Diagnosing lost connections to ISY? Sendero 5 1,977 02-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  (RA2) driver lost connection lleo 17 4,987 03-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey