Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost TTS with Win 10 and V5.4.920
[attachment=2527 Wrote:Dean Roddey pid='158288' dateline='1614209793']Not sure what's going on. This is version 10 of the engine and it has a link saying go here for the latest version 11, but that doesn't work, and none of the links I found for version 11 work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=16789

And here are the version 10 languages.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=24139

Give the above ones a shot. They will probably be fine. Let me know if not.

I was able to find v11 of the speech runtime. I could only find one v11 voice (Zira). But at least it was found on the install.

However I still do not get any sound with a simple test file. After putting the driver in high verbose mode I get this information:

Attached Files
.txt   Error from driver.txt (Size: 13.68 KB / Downloads: 4)
Thanks
George M
(02-25-2021, 07:11 AM)George M Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:26 PM)kblagron Wrote: I have the downloads (circa 2017), and they work fine on the latest version of Windows 10 - 20H2.  If you message me with your email, your email can accept 22 MB files, and also don't have a server that kicks out .msi files, I can send them to you.
 Thanks kblagron

I will message you my email. If you can change the extension or zip them I will change it back or send in separate files.

Just as a sanity check can you try to reconfigure you speech engine and see if you run into the same problem or does it go through?

I did the reconfig, and it is still working fine.  Here is how I set it up:

On Option 1, I select my output device, which is Speakers (HD Audio Device).  This output is a port on the back of the server PC and is routed to my Whole House Audio Receiver.   
On Option 2, I selected Reject when True
On Option 3, I selected ZiraPro, which is the only selection for me.

For the command, I use the following (TTS being the driver name, and the LVar containing the text to be spoken):

Devices::FieldWrite
    P1=TTS.SayText
    P2=%(LVar:CurrWeather)
    P3=True

I am using the CQCSLSpeech2, version 1.0 driver

Also, never got a PM, so assume you found what you needed.
Also, just looking at your file you posted, it looks that you are trying to write a text string into a boolean write field ClearQ.

I have never used that field, I just use the SayText field with a text string there, and when it runs its course, the queue is cleared.
(02-25-2021, 10:46 PM)kblagron Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:11 AM)George M Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:26 PM)kblagron Wrote: I have the downloads (circa 2017), and they work fine on the latest version of Windows 10 - 20H2.  If you message me with your email, your email can accept 22 MB files, and also don't have a server that kicks out .msi files, I can send them to you.
 Thanks kblagron

I will message you my email. If you can change the extension or zip them I will change it back or send in separate files.

Just as a sanity check can you try to reconfigure you speech engine and see if you run into the same problem or does it go through?

I did the reconfig, and it is still working fine.  Here is how I set it up:

On Option 1, I select my output device, which is Speakers (HD Audio Device).  This output is a port on the back of the server PC and is routed to my Whole House Audio Receiver.   
On Option 2, I selected Reject when True
On Option 3, I selected ZiraPro, which is the only selection for me.

For the command, I use the following (TTS being the driver name, and the LVar containing the text to be spoken):

P1=TTS.SayText
    P2=%(LVar:CurrWeather)
    P3=True

I am using the CQCSLSpeech2, version 1.0 driver

Also, never got a PM, so assume you found what you needed.

Thanks for testing that.
See that's the thing, I do not use the ClearQ field. I have a simple test set up much like yours. Speech is the driver (CQCSLSpeech2 v1).

P1=Speech.SayText
    P2=This is a test
    P3=False

I also tried to use the System/saytext command

System::SayText

P1=This is a test

and get the same result. I don't know where the ClearQ field is coming from.
Hopefully Dean will chime in here soon.
Thanks
George M
There is an event trying to do text to speech, maybe something left over that's still doing it the old way? That's where all of those errors are coming from. Looks like it's some sort of once a minute scheduled event.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yes there is. It is the event I'm trying to get working. It says the time and temp on the half hour. I do not understand why it is throwing an error. When I test it, it says it was a success, even though I get now sound.

Here is the event: My driver is "Speech"

If
System::IsInTimeRange
    P1=6
    P2=23

If
System::Equals
    P1=%(StdRTV:Minute)
    P2=0
    P3=No Case

P1=Speech.SayText
    P2=The Time is %(StdRTV:HHMM), and the temperature is $(DarkSky.CurTemp)
    P3=False

Else

If
System::Equals
    P1=%(StdRTV:Minute)
    P2=30
    P3=No Case

P1=Speech.SayText
    P2=The Time is %(StdRTV:HHMM), and the temperature is $(DarkSky.CurTemp)
    P3=False

Else

End

End

Else

End

When I look a the logs now I see these errors with regard to this event.

02/26 15:52:04-CQC, CQCDataSrv, CIDOrbSrvWorkThread_4
{
    CQCDataSrv, CQCDataSrv_FileAccServerImpl.cpp.4429, Failed/Not Found, Error: 3007/0/0
    The passed path is not a legal file name
    d:\CQC\CQCData\DataServer\GlobalActs\User\Drivers\Speech\Speech\StartSpeech.CQCGAct2
      <CQCDataSrv> CIDOrb_ThisFacility.cpp - 611
      <CQCServer> CQCRemBrws_DataSrvAccClientProxy.cpp - 239
      <CQCServer> CQCRemBrws_DataSrvClient.cpp - 676
      <CQCServer> CQSLSpeechS_DriverImpl.cpp - 880

}
{
    CQCDataSrv, CQCDataSrv_FileAccServerImpl.cpp.4429, Failed/Not Found, Error: 3007/0/0
    d:\CQC\CQCData\DataServer\GlobalActs\User\Drivers\Speech\Speech\StopSpeech.CQCGAct2
      <CQCServer> CQSLSpeechS_DriverImpl.cpp - 911

}
{
    d:\CQC\CQCData\DataServer\GlobalActs\User\Drivers\Speech\Speech\NextSpeech.CQCGAct2
      <CQCServer> CQSLSpeechS_DriverImpl.cpp - 943

It looks like it is looking for a directory that is not there. So I added it manually but that did not do any good.
What was there:

d:\CQC\CQCData\DataServer\GlobalActs\User

What I added:

...\Drivers\Speech\Speech

So now the directory tree looks like this:

d:\CQC\CQCData\DataServer\GlobalActs\User\Drivers\Speech\Speech

Even if I do a simple event:

P1=Speech.SayText
    P2="This is a test"
    P3=False

I get no speech over the speakers.
Thanks
George M
Are you actually using a global action to do something between speech events? If not, you shoudn't need those. I think that that is a bogus error message that shouldn't be getting logged. Those are optional. However, in the meantime, you can create an empty global action just to make it be quiet. Don't try to create things by hand, use the admin interface.

Under /Customize/ you expand out the global actions section, then user, then create the scopes down to there and create three new global actions, one called StartSpeech, one called NextSpeech and one called StopSpeech. Just put a comment command in each one and save them.

That should make those commands go away. I'll look at why that is getting logged. So the actual issue is why it's not giving you any output. Of course it may be the 10 vs 11 thing, so if you can get the 11 versions, get those and install them.
Dean Roddey
I do have the V11 installed.
Thanks
George M
Take care of the global action thing if you haven't already, since it may be giving up if that fails. If you create those global actions, and still aren't getting anything, we can dig deeper. If there aren't any errors actually related to the speech stuff, it would seem sort of like the audio just isn't going anywhere. If it failed to create the audio file or play it, we should get an error for that.
Dean Roddey
I did take care of the global stuff. That stopped the error messages coming through. So now I have no error messages from the speech driver (been about 40 minutes now).
However I get no tts from CQC. If I go to windows settings for speech and review the voices, it comes out perfectly over the speakers - just nothing from CQC.
Thanks
George M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Power - Elk connection problem Ron Haley 7 2,181 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Computer lost server availability George M 6 2,531 04-25-2016, 05:38 AM
Last Post: George M
  Diagnosing lost connections to ISY? Sendero 5 1,982 02-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  (RA2) driver lost connection lleo 17 4,991 03-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey