Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED dimmer modules
I would think so, though I don't know absolutely for sure.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(02-24-2021, 12:27 PM)ellisr63 Wrote: Question...can a zwave item using the isy994i be turned on and off via a Insteon scene controller since they are both using the isy994i?.

I didn't have any Zwave fan controllers in my scenes, but added it to try and see if it worked, and it doesn't work with the V1 Insteon driver although the devices do show up.  Within the Insteon ISY994i Admin console, the fan can be controlled using a scene command, so apparently the driver misses something with regard to Zwave and scenes.  Unfortunately the V2 driver doesn't even show Zwave devices. 

A work around would be to issue a scene command and then one for the individual Zwave device to get it to work together.   It might get fixed one day, but with Wuench no longer active, not sure it will ever be on the V1 driver.  Maybe the V2 driver will get updated to include Zwave devices.
So if I understand correctly...I go into the isy994i admin, and locate the device with the zwave, and add it to my insteon scene controller (assigned to a button for on or off), correct?
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
(02-25-2021, 09:56 AM)ellisr63 Wrote: So if I understand correctly...I go into the isy994i admin, and locate the device with the zwave, and add it to my insteon scene controller (assigned to a button for on or off), correct?

It's been awhile, but as I recall:

1.  Pull Up ISY Admin, go to Z-Wave -> Add / Include Z-Wave Device, it will start listening
2.  Activate the discover mode -> in my case it was just turning the fan control on or off.
3. It will be added to the Insteon List in the Admin as a device.
4.  You can control it as a device, or put it in a scene.

Also - I was wrong on my post above.  The older Insteon driver does control the scenes that a Zwave device is on.  I had placed a device into a scene, but was not activating that scene on my test, so it does work as it should.

For example, on the older driver to turn a scene off if the driver is named "Lighting": 

Devices::FieldWrite
    P1=Lighting.SceneOff
    P2=GameRoom
    P3=True

In this case, I have 3 Insteon lights in the game room along with one fan controller.  That command will turn all of them off.

Blake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modport I/O modules (uses Modbus protocol) znelbok 0 2,048 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  intermatic homesettings in wall dimmer potts.mike 9 2,846 04-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Squintz