Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera Widget - URL, WebURL and Viewing While Not on Local network
I wanted to ask about the camera widget. I am able to load my camera and view it on an IV when I am on my local network, however, when I am not on my local network, the camera (with a 10.*.*.* IP Address) does not load.

Do I need to load two different URL, one in URL and the other in WebURL to get it to work while I am not on the home network?
When you say not on the local network, do you mean you are still running the regular IV remote? Using a VPN or something?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I am running loading the WebRIVA IV on my iPhone. When I am connected to my home WiFi, the cameras load, when I am not on my home WiFi, the template loads but the camera widgets do not load.
It doesn't work via the WebRIVA client because it depends on the ability to run a VLC engine instance, which it can't do there. There are some ways to work around that. I know that BryanB has done that using the available extension mechanisms that WebRIVA provides. He creates an IFRAME I think at the required coordinates and points it at the camera.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...Extensions
Dean Roddey
(10-24-2020, 04:44 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It doesn't work via the WebRIVA client because it depends on the ability to run a VLC engine instance, which it can't do there. There are some ways to work around that. I know that BryanB has done that using the available extension mechanisms that WebRIVA provides. He creates an IFRAME I think at the required coordinates and points it at the camera.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...Extensions

on my iPhone, it works in the WebRIVA client using Bryan's extensions but only when I am on the local network. When I am not on the local network, it does not work. Not sure it if is a browser issue.
I would imagine it has to do with IP addresses. You will need to be able to access that local network IP address when you aren't on your local network. You aren't on the same subnet when you are remote and your home network addresses would be meaningless. I would imagine you'd have to use a VPN or something, and set it up to the make the camera addresses visible to your remote client.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URL vs WebURL in Camera Widget gReatAutomation 1 277 12-31-2020, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Widget color and states bryanb 10 1,149 08-14-2020, 03:29 PM
  Web Camera: libvlc.dll error simplextech 15 3,457 07-23-2020, 05:22 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Possible Bug in Web Browser Widget or SetURL kblagron 8 1,293 04-29-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  I cant enter parameters for sizing into the webcam widget. I get errors about invalid ghurty 2 566 04-29-2020, 04:01 PM
  Check Box widget on WebRIVA vs Interface Viewer bryanb 1 488 04-23-2020, 06:15 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Troubleshooting Network Issue zra 7 970 04-18-2020, 03:32 AM
Last Post: zra
  Widget: Web Browser simplextech 4 1,272 01-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Increment web image widget NishanF 5 1,325 10-24-2019, 08:16 AM
  Generic-Network Monitor - Config File Error gReatAutomation 17 4,239 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation