Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error trying to edit scheduled events
(09-26-2020, 02:42 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It could continue if a file fails to convert. OTOH, if it goes ahead even if it can't convert files, you are going to lose work. So it's being conservative. Better to back off and fail than lose stuff, so that you can figure out why it's failing. It is expected if it fails that you will remain on the original version.

You are on a beta, so it's possible that some incremental issue happened at the time and most folks never hit it because it just lasted for a single beta version or something. I don't think there's anything special about that beta, other than it looks like it was the last one before 5.4. So maybe try going to 5.4.0 first, which is what everyone else at the time would have done. It may be that the issue is with skipping over those versions.

Let it create a backup for you just in case of course.
So I was wrong. Still not working. Can not do anything with events.
I'll try to dl and install 5.4
Thanks
George M
I tried to install to a new directory as a completely new install. It worked.
Is there a way to import or copy over all my drivers, events, globals etc from my old installation?
Is there something in my old directory to look for that would stall the update install?
Thanks
George M
You can't just copy the files over, because they get updated during the upgrade and some of it is in the repository, not as separate files. Did you try 5.4.0 as an upgrade?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(09-27-2020, 06:34 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You can't just copy the files over, because they get updated during the upgrade and some of it is in the repository, not as separate files. Did you try 5.4.0 as an upgrade?
I did.

No version will upgrade into the existing 5.3.958 version. They all error out. 
As I said i did get 5.4 to install into a new clean directory, but then i dont have any of the stuff I've developed over all these years.

I did have a backup directory of 5.3 958 and i can open it and it works as expected except it is about a year old and is still missing some things that i would have to rebuild.

So next question, On the directory of 9.3.958 that is borked, can I copy the .exe files (i.e. CQCEventSr.exe) from the working 9.3.958 directory hoping that it is one of the .exe files that is corrupt?
Thanks
George M
It's not an exe that is corrupt. Something is either wrong with those files (corrupted) or somehow files have gotten out of sync with the version, so they didn't get correctly updated and now the version you are running can't read them.

At this point, your only likely scenario is to restore the backup, run the installer (for that version) to get it back set up, and rebuild the bits that are missing from that earlier incarnation.

Actually, I'd make sure the backup is working, then immediately go ahead and move up to the latest, letting it create a new backup for you just in case. That way we'll know if you can upgrade forward or not. Hopefully once the files are happy again, the upgrade to the latest will work.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I finally got a working 5.3.958. Before I put effort into rebuilding a lot of stuff I decided to make sure it would upgrade so installed 5.4.914. I send you and email with my key for a new license.
Thanks
George M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Template scaling error NishanF 1 473 11-10-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: NishanF
  Error Running Installer to Enable SSL gReatAutomation 2 536 10-26-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Web Camera: libvlc.dll error simplextech 15 3,828 07-23-2020, 05:22 AM
Last Post: batwater
  REpeating error after reboot znelbok 3 667 07-18-2020, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  I updated to the latest beta version of CQC, and now getting libvlc.dll error? ghurty 2 679 04-29-2020, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ghurty
  CQC HTTP Events? bjkiller 26 6,475 01-11-2020, 07:27 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Client side error dialog popping up xlurkr 3 1,073 01-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Scheduled Events Caseta tom 18 4,277 12-22-2019, 07:06 AM
  Log Error George M 1 746 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
  Editing Triggered Events Possibly Causing Kernel Panic/Crash gReatAutomation 6 1,891 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM