Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebRiva will not render graphics
Having an issue where WebRIVA does not render the graphics. The pages are functional but are basic wire frame renderings on a white background. Is there a setting I am missing?
And, just to make sure, they do work if you just hit the CQC web server with a browser locally?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(09-03-2020, 08:28 AM)fze9002 Wrote: Having an issue where WebRIVA does not render the graphics. The pages are functional but are basic wire frame renderings on a white background. Is there a setting I am missing?

Does it work in a browser window on the main system?
Negative, I have tried it on both chrome based browsers (Google, Opera, Edge) and Firefox.  All have the same result. 

The main server is Windows 2012 Server R2, I have tried it with Windows 7 and Windows 10 as the web server with the same result. 

I am open to any suggestions

Thanks for the help
But they look fine in the regular IV?

Can you drop a few of the images into CQCData\HTMLRoot and see if you can access them with a browser directly?

Have you only tried the client on a phone? If so, can you try it the CQC machine itself and see that works.
Dean Roddey
(09-04-2020, 06:37 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: But they look fine in the regular IV?

Can you drop a few of the images into CQCData\HTMLRoot and see if you can access them with a browser directly?

Have you only tried the client on a phone? If so, can you try it the CQC machine itself and see that works.

+1.
When I had image issues I would fire up the IV and browser on the master PC side by side. Most of the time when I had issues my images were some odd image format and converting them to a more standard format before importing into CQC fixed them.
(09-04-2020, 07:03 AM)kfly Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 06:37 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: But they look fine in the regular IV?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they have worked fine in the regular IV for many years. They also render correctly with the deprecated RIVA client/ server configuration.

I have not tried the WebRIVA client on a phone however I have tried it on an iPad with the same result. I have tried opening the page on the CQC master server which is running Windows Server 2012 R2, I used Google Chrome, Firefox, and Windows Internet explorer 11 browsers. IE 11 only opens the CQC debug options page. I have also tried a Windows 7 and Windows 10 machine configured as a RIVA server with the same results.

+1.
When I had image issues I would fire up the IV and browser on the master PC side by side. Most of the time when I had issues my images were some odd image format and converting them to a more standard format before importing into CQC fixed them.

The problem does not appear to be a bug in the images themselves (although I won't rule out anything at this point) as I have been using them for several years. The original formats were .png files and I did not have any issues when I originally imported them into CQC. This problem seems more like I am not setting something up correctly at the back end.
Are they color based transparency perhaps? Very few folks use color based transparency (it's all alpha based) and maybe the graphics rendering in WebRIVA isn't handling that.
Dean Roddey
(09-04-2020, 05:48 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Are they color based transparency perhaps? Very few folks use color based transparency (it's all alpha based) and maybe the graphics rendering in WebRIVA isn't handling that.
No, these are definitely not color based transparencies. I pulled most of the images from the web  originally.
Do you have the transparency up high in the widget image settings maybe?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva add to home screen fix NishanF 2 734 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  With webriva, anyway to get an embedded browser window? ghurty 1 585 04-26-2020, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  WebRIVA on iOS dlmorgan999 14 2,443 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Check Box widget on WebRIVA vs Interface Viewer bryanb 1 661 04-23-2020, 06:15 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  CQC WebRIVA and BlueIris in a secure environment bryanb 2 682 03-23-2020, 03:24 AM
  WebRIVA Splash Screen gReatAutomation 4 1,144 03-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Phone/WebRIVA Login/Security Alternatives? gReatAutomation 14 3,510 01-27-2020, 05:19 AM
  Changing WebRIVA Splash Image? gReatAutomation 4 1,311 01-07-2020, 05:28 PM
  IOS Homescreen Webriva fails to connect zra 5 1,927 10-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Last Post: zra
  WebRIVA and Cameras on iOS gReatAutomation 5 1,537 07-25-2019, 01:31 PM