Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i pick up OmniPro configuration changes?
I added a new motion sensor to my OmniPro yesterday by registering it with the wireless receiver and naming it in PC Access.  It now shows up in all of the apps I use to communicate with the Omni.  In CQC, it didn't show up when I launched the client interface for it.  So I deleted the device, and readded it.  Same result.  Then I deleted it, and added it with a different moniker.  This time, it showed up.  Deleted it, readded original moniker, and no go.

I forget - is there something I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not, for CQC to register that the Omni configuration has changed?

-Tom
It sort of depends on which version of the driver you are using. If it's the most recent one, you have to tell CQC about the new device. It doesn't just try to do everything since that can be wasteful. You enter the address and a name and type for each device.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK. I guess that makes sense. If I understand you correctly, if I wanted to make a lot of changes - renaming everything for example - I'd have to enter all of the changes manually in the client interface. But if I deleted the device and created a new one with a new moniker, everything would be correctly imported automatically? Is there any way to "clear the cache" for a moniker, to reuse it but have CQC behave as if it had never been used?

-Tom
I think it does do a one time import initially. If I remember correctly, that info is stored in:

[cqc]\CQCData\Server\Data\HAIOmniTCP2\

ans is a .cfg file that has the same name as the moniker. Pause the driver, delete that file, then start it back up again and see what happens.
Dean Roddey
I guess we could support a 're-import' command, though that would overwrite any previous work.
Dean Roddey
Yesterday I was able to verify that pausing the driver, deleting (actually I renamed) the .cfg file, and restarting the driver caused it to load the current configuration data from the panel and create a new .cfg file to match.

I think this is sufficient as a workaround for now.  The re-import idea would be slightly better.  I normally use a laptop to administer the server, and the .cfg file resides on the server, so I needed to log onto it do do the steps above.  No big deal, though.  I know you have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Still to be verified is that this doesn't break any already-created triggered actions based on field changes, for the fields that kept the same name and zone, etc.  I sure hope not.

Thanks for your help thus far.

-Tom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 4,562 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  MS Speech Platform configuration on Windows Server 2012 mbrown 3 3,109 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
  CIDLib Configuration Server could not be contacted Deane Johnson 64 15,305 05-02-2016, 06:46 AM
  zwave device configuration jkmonroe 75 18,184 12-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  No way to just pullin all lights from a driver for Room Configuration? Sendero 1 1,981 09-27-2015, 04:12 PM
  New clean configuration Andre 3 1,884 02-14-2015, 01:53 PM
  VRCOP User Action Configuration potts.mike 30 7,480 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  My movies configuration help. kernal69 1 1,137 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
  GC-100 Configuration potts.mike 3 1,409 02-23-2013, 12:34 PM
  Newbie Configuration Advice Rui.Bastos 10 5,375 09-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Last Post: batwater