Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open sourcing CQC
(10-11-2020, 09:49 PM)kblagron Wrote: Glad everything is moving forward.  Do you still plan on having a last version available to the subscribers before you release this one? I am interested in testing out your public domain version, but would definitely want to have a last version that uses the old security as an option in case problems arise with this one.

This next one isn't the open source one, it's the pre-open source one. The current beta out there now is really the last one that is unaffected by this move. This one will prepare things for the open source release, by moving a lot of things around and implementing the new security stuff and all that.
Everyone with an existing system will have to pass through this version before moving forward.

After this one is out and stable, the open source version will be done, which should be pretty shortly thereafter since it's mainly removing stuff at that point, and doing a big scrub of the repository before uploading it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Darn it Dean! This was always a fear of mine... I’d log in randomly to check out the latest news and see you’d finally had to throw in the towel on this multi decade project. I’ve probably been a user for 10+ years, most of those with current subscriptions. I may need to do one last update to send you some good wi$he$.

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
I got device drivers going today. So that just leaves like event server and logic server, which should be pretty straightforward. Now that I have the new security stuff worked out, it's mostly just making sure I moved the configuration to the right new place, which I often got wrong in the initial installer work to move stuff around.
Dean Roddey
I seem to have all the bits and pieces up and running, and it looks like all the configuration is coming forward as it should.
Dean Roddey
I've banging around on it, and going back to the previous beta and settings up specific configurations and making sure they get brought forward. That all brought out a number of issues so far that I've finally hunted down and squashed. So it's starting to get pretty tight. Some of those were driving me crazy, but eventually they all lie down and make submission gestures.
Dean Roddey
Smile 
(10-22-2020, 04:19 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote:  Some of those were driving me crazy, but eventually they all lie down and make submission gestures.

If only they would do that the first time! :-)
I've cranked up my Win10 VM, so that I can do some testing on a multi machine setup and make sure that's all working. I've not cranked it up for a while so it's going to grind for quite a while getting caught up on updates. Once it's ready I can test a two machine setup, which should exercise all of the new stuff. The single machine MS setup seems to be working fine now.
Dean Roddey
Yikes, I stopped by and see this thread. I can probably help with the Linuxy part at some point for sure. I've been a thoroughly happy user of CQC since, uh, 2006[0]! This system just works[1] even with my esoteric setup here.

Please do look into Patreon or similar; even if it's a side gig, knowing there's some TLC and codebase governance is worth it.

Chris

[0] The forum says "Registration Date: 04-15-2006, 04:08 PM"
[1] So, the reason I stopped by is that a new version of the client landed for iOS in the past few days and it seems to default to zooming the template out 100000x and I can't work out why! Smile
That would seem a bit excessive zoom...

I finally just now figured out a problem that had been driving me crazy, which is to do with non-MS server machines. A lot of all the stuff I've been doing has been leading to this, so it's not surprising I guess that this is where the most confusing stuff was. It's all about allowing background services on non-MS machines to be able to do things on your behalf securely where needed.

I finally figured it out. It was pretty obvious in the end, it was just a slow process to test various scenarios since it involves two machines.
Dean Roddey
For the super-zoomed-out issue, I am guessing the new client is using the native device resolution instead of the previous behavior of lower DPI like most iOS apps do when they don't make use of the resolution, so I rescaled the templates; but this change is not in their release notes. The tool to do this template rescaling is useful, but I noticed it doesn't update all the actions that load templates to use the new paths. Easily remedied though, at least for the templates I actually use from a phone.

Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Open Weather Map - CurIcon zra 2 1,250 11-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Last Post: zra
  I've open sourced my general purpose code Dean Roddey 0 794 03-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  One Driver - Multiple Comm Ports Open zra 4 2,862 05-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Last Post: zra
  Is ther any way to open a webpage in a template? pjgregory 12 4,256 06-16-2015, 05:13 AM
  Anybody want to open up their Aprilaire system for me? Dean Roddey 12 4,995 09-20-2014, 11:13 AM
  Open old templates in current CQC ? dave.neill 9 3,343 03-31-2011, 03:06 AM
Last Post: dave.neill
  CML Driver IDE won't open gfredricks 3 1,357 01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
  onSuccess open popup charliebarns 3 1,500 08-25-2009, 10:16 AM
  Limit of 10 open files in the CQC Editor rocker 13 4,360 06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
  Error when trying to open template in IV.. pjwinstalls 25 5,487 01-05-2009, 09:21 PM