Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutron Caseta Occupancy Sensor
Lutron introduced a occupancy sensor for the Caseta line of dimmers and switches. Model number is PD-OSENS. I added one today to my Caseta system. In the Lutron app everything installed fine and is working. I then tried to add it to my CQC Caseta driver and ran into problems. First of all, when I ran the Client Interface and added the occupancy sensor, the client interface wanted a integration ID and a component number but in the Lutron integration report that's generated when the sensor was added did not have a component number, just the ID. 

So I tried to manually add it to the driver by editing the .cfg file. The integration ID was 41. So I tried both 41:0 and 41:1 and the field never went to true or false. It was always ????

Any help would be appreciated.
The RA2 driver documentation page says that occupancy sensors always have a component id of 2. Give that a try.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean,

I just tried 41:2 for the integration ID and component number. Still no go. The field stayed ????

Bryan
OK, I'll take a look at it. I think maybe the deal is that the driver assumes they have a 2 because all of them have so far, so it will not think they are occupancy sensors if it doesn't use 2. But, if you set it to 2 and that's not actually its address, then that won't work either.
Dean Roddey
Sounds good. If you need in my system, let me know.
The driver doesn't store the field state. It just sends out motion events. So the field not ever getting a value doesn't mean it's not working as it is. If you put it back to the configured address, and trigger it, and enable events for that one, do you see motion events in the event monitor? That would tell us if it's just not storing the value or if it's just not working at all.
Dean Roddey
I think I tried that already but I'll try again. In my Integration report, there is NOT a component number. So for dimmers, that means the component number in the caseta .cfg file is 0. Something like 41:0. Is that what you want me to try or are you expecting the component number to be 2 per one of your earlier posts? I think I tried both and looked for a triggered event but I'll try again.
If there's no component id, then set it to zero. That's what is done with the others of that sort.
Dean Roddey
That's what I had it set to but I tried 2 also. Neither of them created an event trigger. Since you said the RadioRA2 motion sensor is always component number 2, is the driver hardcoded to expect it to be 2 and maybe it's not working with the Caseta motion sensor because it's component number is 0?

So my .cfg file has: 

OccSensorCnt=1
OccSensor=Bryans_Office_Motion_Sensor,41:0,Trig

That's what it should be, correct?
Yeh, presumably that should be what should be set to. Can you use a terminal and see what gets spit out when you trigger it? You could also flush the logs, put the driver into high verbosity, and trigger the unit, then take it back out and get a dump.

Keep in mind that these things have a timeout period, and won't re-trigger until that's ended. I'm not sure what it is for these. It can be seconds or minutes.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ambient light sensor??? Deane Johnson 10 3,797 07-15-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  920 Beta Bug - Lutron Thermostat gReatAutomation 5 541 02-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Was the issue with Lutron Radio RA2 not updating ever fixed? ghurty 3 774 12-06-2020, 11:42 AM
  Lutron Caseta Add Fan and Shade Controllers bryanb 1 589 11-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 9,100 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Lutron RadioRA 2 - Occupancy Sensor simplextech 8 2,329 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM
  Lutron RadioRA 2 - Fan Controller simplextech 3 1,377 02-14-2020, 05:58 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Scheduled Events Caseta tom 18 4,965 12-22-2019, 07:06 AM
  Possible Bug - Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Thermostat gReatAutomation 39 10,301 11-13-2019, 03:57 PM
  Missing how to tell CQC to read a Lutron keypad button pressed ghurty 7 2,311 01-08-2019, 09:55 PM