Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic Overlay Question
Dean,

I make extensive use of dynamic overlays because I think it is a great feature but I’m having a behavior that I don’t know if it is by design or a bug.

I have a template with two overlays on it. Overlay A and overlay B.

Overlay A is loaded with a template that contains a group of command buttons. Each command button loads a global variable and then does a IntfViewer::LoadAncestor(../Main, GrandParent). It works great. It calls my “Main” Template which then loads an overlay with whatever was named in the global variable. Works great. Still with relative addressing.

Overlay B is loaded with a template that has a Dynamic Overlay in it. In the Layout template for the dynamic overlay there’s just a command button. It loads a global variable and tries to do the a IntfViewer::LoadAncestor(../Main, GrandParent) but nothing happens. The command button action is executed because I have a log statement in it and it gets logged. I’ve tried GreatGrantParent and Root in addition to the GrandParent but the result is exactly the same. Nothing is loaded. If I replace the a IntfViewer::LoadAncestor(../Main, GrandParent) with a IntfViewer::LoadNewTemplate(/User/Home/Master/Main) it works but I’ve lost the relative addressing.

Is the above behavior by design or a bug?

Thanks,

Bryan
There may be something about it being loaded from a layout template via the dynamic overlay stuff. Some things get done when a template is loaded into an overlay to swizzle things around. In this case, it's not being loaded in the normal sense, the widgets are just being copied and updated one at a time, repeatedly. So something may not be getting done.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean, is this something you think you can address? I understand that dynamic overlays are different but they are also very powerful and it would be a great thing if they worked like regular overlays.
I can take a look at it and see. Maybe it's just a matter of invoking the swizzling step after replicating all the widgets.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
If it's also possible maybe an Onload action could be enabled.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSL Certificate Question gReatAutomation 1 478 10-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  V2 Question - OpenWeatherMap Using their New JSON Data Feed kblagron 7 1,251 05-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Triggered Event on Timer Question znelbok 7 2,107 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Question on CQC Driver Pack Install kblagron 1 785 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM
  SONOS Driver Question gReatAutomation 13 3,432 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM
  Insteon V2 Driver Question kblagron 1 780 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Question on Parsing a String in a CML Macro kblagron 2 1,003 06-18-2019, 06:21 PM
  ELK M1 Client Interface question lleo 1 923 06-12-2019, 08:15 AM
  Question on Socket Error kblagron 4 1,684 04-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Values Tab - Regular Expression Question bryanb 22 6,100 03-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Last Post: rbroders