Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver
I do not have a master valve on my system which is currently RainBird and four zones. On the RainBird app I can run any zone for a set amount of minutes. Among other use cases, I use this when trimming the grass around sprinkler heads in a particular zone during the summer when I cannot locate sprinkler heads.
(03-08-2020, 05:05 PM)gReatAutomation Wrote: I do not have a master valve on my system which is currently RainBird and four zones. On the RainBird app I can run any zone for a set amount of minutes. Among other use cases, I use this when trimming the grass around sprinkler heads in a particular zone during the summer when I cannot locate sprinkler heads.

So the way I have the driver setup now is with the ManualZone Write Field -> input a Zone # and number of Minutes, i.e. "2 6", and it will water Zone 2 for 6 minutes.  The SprinklerCtrl -> Stopall command will stop all the zones currently watering.  I setup my interface with a Check Box, so that it if you select the "Run" CheckBox, the zone begins running, and it shows "Running", you can then select the "Running" Check Box, and it will run the StopAll command.  

I guess my point is - if you are running only one zone at a time and then stopping it, what would be the difference between StopAll and Stop that Zone?
(03-08-2020, 05:27 PM)kblagron Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 05:05 PM)gReatAutomation Wrote: I do not have a master valve on my system which is currently RainBird and four zones. On the RainBird app I can run any zone for a set amount of minutes. Among other use cases, I use this when trimming the grass around sprinkler heads in a particular zone during the summer when I cannot locate sprinkler heads.

So the way I have the driver setup now is with the ManualZone Write Field -> input a Zone # and number of Minutes, i.e. "2 6", and it will water Zone 2 for 6 minutes.  The SprinklerCtrl -> Stopall command will stop all the zones currently watering.  I setup my interface with a Check Box, so that it if you select the "Run" CheckBox, the zone begins running, and it shows "Running", you can then select the "Running" Check Box, and it will run the StopAll command.  

I guess my point is - if you are running only one zone at a time and then stopping it, what would be the difference between StopAll and Stop that Zone?

Got it thanks for clarifying Big Grin
The RainMachine Driver has been updated to Version 1.92, and the files located in the first post are now the latest.  Here are the changes, of which the first may affect your user interfaces.  The Program_X_NextRunDateTime has been renamed to Program_X_NextRunDateTime1, since we can now store a time for a second instance, explained below:

• Added a new Program_X_NextRun fields that gathers future watering parameters for each program.  This required a change of the NextRunDateTime field to NextRunDateTime1.  In the process of looking over the 7 days of future watering, if a later NextRunDateTime is found, the date/time is stored in NextRunDateTime2.  For each of the NextRun date/times, there will be an associated Planned Watering, and Computed Watering that allows you to see how much is planned to be watered and how much RainMachine will actually water.
  • Fixed a bug with program data.  If a program was set up to not have a future schedule, then the NextRun field would fail with an error. It now sets that field to 0.  
  • On the ManualProgram field,  you can now use this field to execute up to 9 programs from the previous limit of 4.
  • Increased the watering history data that is stored in 3 separate StringList fields from 7 days to 30 days.
Let me know if you have any issues.   I have attached my status screen that shows some of the changes above.

.jpg   IV-Status.jpg (Size: 490.29 KB / Downloads: 9)
(03-11-2020, 11:20 PM)kblagron Wrote: Let me know if you have any issues.   I have attached my status screen that shows some of the changes above.
Very nice looking template. A little jealous of the 81 degree day you are having Smile.
(03-11-2020, 11:20 PM)kblagron Wrote: The RainMachine Driver has been updated to Version 1.92, and the files located in the first post are now the latest.  Here are the changes, of which the first may affect your user interfaces.  The Program_X_NextRunDateTime has been renamed to Program_X_NextRunDateTime1, since we can now store a time for a second instance, explained below:

• Added a new Program_X_NextRun fields that gathers future watering parameters for each program.  This required a change of the NextRunDateTime field to NextRunDateTime1.  In the process of looking over the 7 days of future watering, if a later NextRunDateTime is found, the date/time is stored in NextRunDateTime2.  For each of the NextRun date/times, there will be an associated Planned Watering, and Computed Watering that allows you to see how much is planned to be watered and how much RainMachine will actually water.
  • Fixed a bug with program data.  If a program was set up to not have a future schedule, then the NextRun field would fail with an error. It now sets that field to 0.  
  • On the ManualProgram field,  you can now use this field to execute up to 9 programs from the previous limit of 4.
  • Increased the watering history data that is stored in 3 separate StringList fields from 7 days to 30 days.
Let me know if you have any issues.   I have attached my status screen that shows some of the changes above.

Great thank you!
As it always happens when you post a new version, you find things that aren't right almost immediately.  Anyway, I am posting 1.93 in the first post to correct these two bugs I found:

• If the NextDateTimeRun2 had been set previously, and then a program executed on its scheduled time and the NextRunDateTime2 field was not within the 7 day window, the old date/time for NextRunDateTime2 will still be shown in the driver field.  This version zeros it out.
  • On the History information, the date that was used in the StringList field was obtained from one of the zone/valves field which could be incorrect if any of the zone watering occurred across midnight.  This version will fix that.
Blake
Thanks for the quick fix.
Thanks. Finally got mine installed outside. I used the Orbit 57095 Outdoor-Mounted Controller Timer Box Cover. I like the box because it has a GFI receptacle. The RainBird had wires and you had to use wire nuts. My old RainBird wireless rain detector also works just fine. I was fortunate to be able to have a Cat5 available to plug in to the unit.

[Image: IMG-2318.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2319.jpg]
How does your Rain Sensor Work?  I have thought about one, but with the abundance of pine trees in the area, I had read where they may not be too reliable, but that was some time back?  Any models you would recommend?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 275,035 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 730 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 242 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M
  OpenWeatherMap Weather Driver Using OneCall API kblagron 11 1,185 05-18-2020, 04:09 AM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 10 1,629 05-08-2020, 08:49 AM
  JVC D-ILA Driver jokermac 34 6,541 04-13-2020, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Generic Irrigation Scheduler jkish 577 244,666 03-12-2020, 12:25 PM
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 15 7,081 01-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Universal Devices ISY Insteon Driver wuench 369 182,986 12-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 8,699 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM