Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISYv2 Driver - FanLinc
Dean,

Interesting thing I've noticed with the FanLinc device.  The relay/motor device is showing as a 'Button' in CQC.

Insteon FanLinc devices are a two component device to control the Light and Motor portion of ceiling fans.  The Motor control portion actually works just like a "Dimmer" as it sets the motor speed to a percentage level.  This is the same as most fan controllers from other vendors work as well. 

I don't know how CQC reflects other fan controllers such as those from Lutron?  I'll find out here in a few days as I will be installing a Lutron fan controller to replace one of these FanLinc's so I will have it for comparison. 

I also don't know how a Fan controller should be represented within CQC... It's not a "Light" but it uses the same properties as a "Dimmer" but has preset levels for speeds.  It's also not a "Relay" because it has percentage levels for different speeds.  I know the percentage level for the Insteon FanLinc's and within the ISY they are represented as speeds of off/low/medium/high.  Can something similar be done within CQC for fan controllers and their speed?

Code:
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="DimmerLampOnly">
        <address>51 D3 4A 1</address>
        <name>MBR-FanLinc-Light</name>
        <parent type="3">2801</parent>
        <type>1.46.69.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <startDelay>0</startDelay>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <pnode>51 D3 4A 1</pnode>
        <ELK_ID>A16</ELK_ID>
        <property id="ST" value="0" formatted="Off" uom="100" />
    </node>
    <node flag="0" nodeDefId="FanLincMotor">
        <address>51 D3 4A 2</address>
        <name>MBR-FanLinc-Motor</name>
        <type>1.46.69.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <ELK_ID>B01</ELK_ID>
    </node>
So one is a boolean and one a 'dimmer' style motor speed type thing? What does the boolean one do, just turn the light off and on? The driver is showing it like it does because it doesn't know it's a fan controller. It would have to know specifically that it is, otherwise all the 1.x.x.x ones are treated as lights or buttons I think depending on flags.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
This is the 'Light' node which is a dimmer.  It is processed and added to CQC as a LIGHT and has dimmer functions and works.

Code:
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="DimmerLampOnly">
        <address>51 D3 4A 1</address>
        <name>MBR-FanLinc-Light</name>
        <type>1.46.69.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <ELK_ID>A16</ELK_ID>
    </node>

This node is created as a 'Button' but it's the Motor portion which should be handled like a dimmer with 0-100 percentage levels and there are preset levels for off/low/medium/high as well.  I think I posted or sent those to you before but I can grab them again if needed.  

Code:
<node flag="0" nodeDefId="FanLincMotor">
        <address>51 D3 4A 2</address>
        <name>MBR-FanLinc-Motor</name>
        <type>1.46.69.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <ELK_ID>B01</ELK_ID>
    </node>

If I remember correctly it's the <type> field and a sub-cat of that which defines the FanLinc device.  I'll have to look it up on how to determine the nodes light/motor for parsing.
It's the flag value. If the high bit is on 0x80 (128) that's the parent node and if not it a child of the one before it. Right now the code that handles type 1's assumes that the parent is a light the the child a button (since all the 1's so far have been.) It'll have to specially check for exceptions to that I guess. Their hierarchy could be improved to make these things more explicit.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(02-04-2020, 02:03 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It's the flag value. If the high bit is on 0x80 (128) that's the parent node and if not it a child of the one before it. Right now the code that handles type 1's assumes that the parent is a light the the child a button (since all the 1's so far have been.) It'll have to specially check for exceptions to that I guess. Their hierarchy could be improved to make these things more explicit.

I think there's a lot of things that could be improved.  Please post on the UDI forum with your recommendations as they will likely get added.  There's a lot of work going on right now along with NodeServer refinement to make them work with integrations so your input will help with that as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMS Driver / Sending MMS gReatAutomation 2 89 02-02-2020, 05:57 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ISYv2 Driver - IOLinc Support simplextech 7 221 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  New V2 Nest driver Dean Roddey 92 14,960 01-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: keepersg
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 28 1,895 12-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Question on CQC Driver Pack Install kblagron 1 164 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM
  Possible Bug - Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Thermostat gReatAutomation 39 2,711 11-13-2019, 03:57 PM
  "Stay Awake" in Denon driver? George M 7 598 10-25-2019, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Serialization of CQC SMS Serial Interface Driver gReatAutomation 52 3,099 09-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Atlona Driver? cavalier240 5 590 09-16-2019, 01:29 PM
  HTTP Trigger Driver - see trained URL's? Shaky 1 252 09-15-2019, 12:25 PM