Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC Voice
Is CQC Voice still actively developed and extended?

I've ordered a mic to do some preliminary testing with and I'm looking for ideas on how to make it useful and replace several Amazon Echo Dot's.  The problem I see currently is having a pc running in all of those locations and the need for a Mic and speakers.  Has any thought gone into a "mini" receiver perhaps running on a rPi that only relays the commands back to the master server?  Or what would be a typical deployment for this in a practical usage?

I've gone through the command list and it covers the majority of things.  However one thing that is the most used in our house is using Alexa for a cooking timer.  I saw there's a "remind me" phrase however would it be possible to add a "set a timer for...." and have support for multiple timers?
It has to be on a Windows machine since we are using the Microsoft speech recognition system to drive it. I'll put the cooking timer on the list to do.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-19-2020, 10:35 AM)simplextech Wrote: Is CQC Voice still actively developed and extended?

I've ordered a mic to do some preliminary testing with and I'm looking for ideas on how to make it useful and replace several Amazon Echo Dot's.  The problem I see currently is having a pc running in all of those locations and the need for a Mic and speakers.  Has any thought gone into a "mini" receiver perhaps running on a rPi that only relays the commands back to the master server?  Or what would be a typical deployment for this in a practical usage?

I've gone through the command list and it covers the majority of things.  However one thing that is the most used in our house is using Alexa for a cooking timer.  I saw there's a "remind me" phrase however would it be possible to add a "set a timer for...." and have support for multiple timers?

Surface Go's  Big Grin perhaps? Built in mic and speakers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Text to Speach Voice George M 2 399 02-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: George M
  CQC Voice setup IVB 4 2,514 06-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Voice with Acoustic Magic mic Shaky 6 3,670 02-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Test to Speech TTS - No voice available NightLight 1 2,206 12-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Throwing another (sort of hybrid) voice control option out there Dean Roddey 25 12,890 09-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Announcing CQCVoice - CQC's All Local Voice Control System Dean Roddey 66 44,644 06-28-2017, 10:03 AM
  What is the current state for voice input? pjgregory 4 2,465 08-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Voice Recognition dkemme 5 2,547 11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
  Voice Recognition? jkmonroe 22 6,202 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Acropolis