Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone/WebRIVA Login/Security Alternatives?
You can't send another URL or anything. You would just load the main template to move forward. There is a LoadNewTemplate but any template loading commands are only available in specific circumstances where that's safe to do. You wouldn't use SendValue(). That's only used to achieve particular things. You will have an 'OK" button or some such. When the user presses that, just grab the text from the entry field and check it. If it's valid, then just call LoadTemplate() (which should then be available) to load the main template.

That would not involve two separate users, it can't do that. It would just be you providing your own login screen. Until they enter a valid PIN, you will just refuse to move to the main template. All of the logic is on the CQC back end side, so the password is never even known in the browser itself, so they couldn't hack the WebRIVA client to get it or anything like that. Even the values you select are not sent, just the points at which you click. That's processed on the back end in the virtual IV engine that's behind that WebRIVA session.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks. So I would be managing the "authentication" in the Login template. Not ideal, but better than using the query string to pass the user/password for accessing the Main.
Anyone have any thoughts about this? I have a login screen where after I enter a valid pin (as verified in the button action) am transferred to the main interface.

Thing is, the pin is required EVERY time you access the CTC CQC app or WebRIVA URL. If you close it, refresh it, change orientation, etc.

I am sorting out the likelihood and occurrence of someone guessing my user name and password used to access WebRIVA via the URL.

If there was a notion of sessions in WebRIVA that would make matters better.
You could set a variable in the variable driver to store the pin. Check to see if set, if yes then don't load the login screen and only clearing the variable when the alarm is set. You could also have a 2nd variable that is "static" with the pin stored and use this to compare against. That way if you want to change the pin you don't have to modify code, just the value of the variable.

I use this method to maintain the last known state of my x-10 door / window sensors. Any time a sensor changes state I update the variable.
(01-27-2020, 04:17 AM)batwater Wrote: You could set a variable in the variable driver to store the pin. Check to see if set, if yes then don't load the login screen and only clearing the variable when the alarm is set.  You could also have a 2nd variable that is "static" with the pin stored and use this to compare against. That way if you want to change the pin you don't have to modify code, just the value of the variable.

I use this method to maintain the last known state of my x-10 door / window sensors.  Any time a sensor changes state I update the variable.

Keeping in mind this is for my iphone and not for a wall mounted tablet. In that case, I like your idea of checking and then locking the tablet on alarm state change.

I do have the pins stored in the Variables driver. Not following how I would not load the login screen if the pin is set. Currently, the login button checks the entered pin against what is stored in the variables driver and the if successful, loads the main set of templates.

The issue is that if you close CTC CQC or adjust orientation, you are again prompted for the pin. Same if you are accessing via a web browser: the login screen shows.

I am not sure if we can store any type of "session state" using WebRIVA.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing WebRIVA Splash Image? gReatAutomation 4 217 01-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Z-Wave include fails with security simplextech 15 665 01-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  IOS Homescreen Webriva fails to connect zra 5 616 10-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Last Post: zra
  WebRIVA and Cameras on iOS gReatAutomation 5 439 07-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bryanb
  Slider issue on WebRiva NishanF 4 473 07-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: NishanF
  DIY Security System Integration cavalier240 10 1,750 01-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Security cameras kjaerligkatt 11 1,760 12-23-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  WebRIVA password special character issue? batwater 10 2,243 09-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Android and WebRIVA - working? batwater 9 2,079 09-30-2018, 01:44 PM
  WebRiva and vpscale=? kblagron 1 936 08-28-2018, 08:12 AM