Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes Setup
(01-12-2020, 02:43 PM)simplextech Wrote: For Movie repositories there's MyMovies.dk which you found and in my recent adventure into this has been the best so far.  DVD Profiler doesn't have a means to import ripped movies at all.  Plex repo is for Music only and the same for File Tag that is for Music only.  There's currently several MUSIC repo drivers but the only good one for "Movies" is MyMovies.
What do you use for a renderer?  Is there a way to get the movies to play on the CQC server PC via an HDMI output to your A/V receiver?
(01-12-2020, 05:05 PM)barbourm Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 02:43 PM)simplextech Wrote: For Movie repositories there's MyMovies.dk which you found and in my recent adventure into this has been the best so far.  DVD Profiler doesn't have a means to import ripped movies at all.  Plex repo is for Music only and the same for File Tag that is for Music only.  There's currently several MUSIC repo drivers but the only good one for "Movies" is MyMovies.
What do you use for a renderer?  Is there a way to get the movies to play on the CQC server PC via an HDMI output to your A/V receiver?

A way?  yes.  I wouldn't do that though unless that was all you were having CQC do.  With most automation controllers is best to keep the master somewhat isolated or only doing light duty work because it's having to actually manage everything else.

I'm just starting looking into CQC so I don't have anything setup for good yet.  I haven't really found a "good" method of playing media through CQC yet.  There is a Roku driver to starting an app ie Netflix or ending it or going home etc.  There's also a Plex Client that can control the Plex client and if using the Plex Repository but I've not gotten it to work/play movies and I don't think the plex repository even supports movies so it's a dead end really.

There isn't a Kodi driver so that's not an option.  There is a driver for Dune which is a higher end Android TV box for playing movies.  I do not have one so I don't know what all the Dune box can do nor do I know what the Driver can do with it.  

If all you want is a basic play a movie to a TV from a PC attached there is the Zoom Player driver.  Zoom is a PC Movie player that can be controlled from CQC.  How to nicely integrate that into a Movie watching experience I haven't figured out yet as today most living rooms or TV areas have a Roku or FireTV or Android box of some form (Shield, Dune, etc etc) that they use and stream movies from services and use Plex for playing local ripped movies.  So I don't know what direction to really recommend on this area yet as I'm still exploring it myself.
Oops, sorry, I forgot MyMovies. The Plex repo ONLY supports music currently, just not music.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  removing itunes indygreg 1 1,466 05-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  itunes error every 5 seconds indygreg 3 3,056 01-03-2017, 03:45 PM
  Modifying autogen thermostat setup for RCS royalj7 5 3,405 09-18-2015, 01:34 PM
  CQC install setup question ellisr63 3 3,533 05-03-2014, 06:03 AM
  Omni setup question Dean Roddey 11 6,318 02-10-2014, 12:13 PM
  Setup suggestions Tin Turtle 4 3,469 11-25-2013, 01:17 AM
  How setup Weather Radar phenix 2 2,791 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Last Post: phenix
  Anyone have a iTunes playlist browser already created? Sendero 34 13,628 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Trioxide
  New Audio setup rtarver 8 4,264 06-25-2012, 10:57 AM
  Itunes Control?? NightLight 31 14,180 09-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: DaveB