Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Camera: libvlc.dll error
(01-12-2020, 09:24 AM)batwater Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:15 AM)simplextech Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:11 AM)batwater Wrote: Just looked at Xeoma, pricey for any quantity of cameras.  Here I am running Blue Iris.  I don't have it currently integrated with any of my user screens but have on the list to look at leveraging MQTT to trigger display of feeds on TV(s) in the house.

Xeoma is pricey if you go above 4 cameras.  The feature set included is nice and I like that it runs on Linux and currently I'm running it in a docker container on my UnRaid system which is nice.

In Xeoma I have it sending a HTTP event on motion start and motion end to CQC and I'm using the HTTP-Trigger driver to set a variable for motionStart and one for motionEnd so I can use those within events.  

The same can be done with Blue Iris with HTTP or MQTT.  I've put in a request to get MQTT support added to Xeoma as well.

Good background info, thanks!  I'm running 14 cameras.  Also running Unraid here to host 3 Win 10 PC instances, 2 with dedicated video and USB ports.

As I'm adding more cameras I'm taking another look at BI Smile
(01-12-2020, 09:31 AM)simplextech Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:11 AM)batwater Wrote: Just looked at Xeoma, pricey for any quantity of cameras.  Here I am running Blue Iris.  I don't have it currently integrated with any of my user screens but have on the list to look at leveraging MQTT to trigger display of feeds on TV(s) in the house.

Xeoma is pricey if you go above 4 cameras.  The feature set included is nice and I like that it runs on Linux and currently I'm running it in a docker container on my UnRaid system which is nice.

In Xeoma I have it sending a HTTP event on motion start and motion end to CQC and I'm using the HTTP-Trigger driver to set a variable for motionStart and one for motionEnd so I can use those within events.  

The same can be done with Blue Iris with HTTP or MQTT.  I've put in a request to get MQTT support added to Xeoma as well.

Good background info, thanks!  I'm running 14 cameras.  Also running Unraid here to host 3 Win 10 PC instances, 2 with dedicated video and USB ports.

I'm at a tipping point with my BI server. I have a 16 port analog capture card that for the last 13 years has been doing the heavy lifting for motion detection for a majority of the exterior cameras. In the last 2 years I've added some internal IP cameras to monitor the pets / house when away and have also had to start replacing aging analog cameras with IP vs analog. Amazing how long commercial grade cameras will last.  The BI server is now running at 85 - 95% CPU load consistently. Started looking at offloading the motion detection to the cameras themselves and / or going to continuous recording (which will required a storage upgrade)
(01-12-2020, 02:15 PM)batwater Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:31 AM)simplextech Wrote:

I'm at a tipping point with my BI server. I have a 16 port analog capture card that for the last 13 years has been doing the heavy lifting for motion detection for a majority of the exterior cameras. In the last 2 years I've added some internal IP cameras to monitor the pets / house when away and have also had to start replacing aging analog cameras with IP vs analog. Amazing how long commercial grade cameras will last.  The BI server is now running at 85 - 95% CPU load consistently. Started looking at offloading the motion detection to the cameras themselves and / or going to continuous recording (which will required a storage upgrade)

Sounds like an upgrade in the near future.  I'm running all IP cameras currently and I've been tinkering with the Unifi camera system.  the cameras themselves are of "ok" quality but not great for their prices.  The software is where things shine with Unify but the big downside is they don't have an API or notification mechanism beside mobile push yet for integrating the motion alerts.  Once that comes I may move all of my cameras over but until then I've been back and forth from Xeoma and BI.  They are about the same except Xeoma is far lighter weight on resources than BI and is a client server based where BI is really just the server and if you want the viewer it's the web interface or now the new "client" which is actually a full BI install that you also have to pay for because it can do "remote admin" of sites.  So yeah I've been back and forth between them.  One this is definite that BI is a resource hog but it works with lots of cameras and setups.  I don't even know if Xeoma would work with the analog capture card... it probably would but I've never set it up like that so I don't know.  It's a free download trial....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I updated to the latest beta version of CQC, and now getting libvlc.dll error? ghurty 2 185 04-29-2020, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ghurty
  Client side error dialog popping up xlurkr 3 436 01-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Log Error George M 1 325 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Generic-Network Monitor - Config File Error gReatAutomation 17 2,485 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  IP Camera Error gReatAutomation 3 763 06-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Question on Socket Error kblagron 4 1,112 04-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Variable Error in Scheduled Task znelbok 3 935 03-22-2019, 09:30 AM
  Web Camera Widget Questions znelbok 4 1,070 01-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Sonos Update Error (Again) karenlee 39 7,247 12-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Question Boolean image is in error state ghurty 4 1,852 05-24-2018, 09:04 PM