Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media playing from Event
This may be due to the use of FileTag repository but I don't see anyway of pulling information about the media contents so I don't know what to send to a player for the cookie or other data.

I want to run a very simple test of a trigger runs an even to play a playlist to a player.  I currently have the FileTag repo running and indexed a share from the NAS but if needed I could setup JRiver.  I tried with Plex but it waits for config and I can't find information on what is needed for configuring it.  If someone has that info PLEASE share it.

Summarize.... Event trigering a playlist to play to defined player.... I'm using the Sonos driver if it makes a difference.  Thanks!
Check the 'Device Class' info for media renderers and repos for a discussion of the general functionality of that stuff. Basically any piece of media is represented by a 'cookie' and you either need to know that cookie and write it to the correct field of the renderer, or you need to look it up, which you can do using one of the commands supported by the media repo.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...Repository

Once you know the cookie, you can write it to the PlayMedia or EnqueMedia fields to add it to a renderer's playlist to play.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-07-2020, 02:43 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Check the 'Device Class' info for media renderers and repos for a discussion of the general functionality of that stuff. Basically any piece of media is represented by a 'cookie' and you either need to know that cookie and write it to the correct field of the renderer, or you need to look it up, which you can do using one of the commands supported by the media repo.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...Repository

Once you know the cookie, you can write it to the PlayMedia or EnqueMedia fields to add it to a renderer's playlist to play.

I've gotten that far and I've been reading through that page.  Multiple times.  

Other than setting up a button like a Pico or something is there any way to write out and test things?  A way to write out the QueryDrvText call and execute and see if it's valid before without needing something else to trigger it?  I'm reading through this but if I can't run it and see it's more difficult to just keep going back and forth not knowing what the issue is.

I know most of this is just "known" and second nature for most here but it's not very clear without an example.
Debugging actions isn't too easy. The easiest is probably create a dummy global action which lets you run it in the action trace and pass parameters and such, and see the output.
Dean Roddey
Found one issue is that the docs are wrong or syntax is wrong?

And here is an example to get a specific collection within a title set:

"Music","Collect","All Music", "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness", "Dawn to Dusk"

The query is wanting a "Title" not a "Collect" or Collection.... which the GlobalActs run gave me that error and info that it was not a title. So I changed that and I can query for a single title at the very least.
That's the example to get a collection, which is probably what you want anyway. If you were getting a title set, you wouldn't pass that last bit, which is the collection name.
Dean Roddey
(01-07-2020, 04:45 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's the example to get a collection, which is probably what you want anyway. If you were getting a title set, you wouldn't pass that last bit, which is the collection name.
I suppose one part of the problem with using the FileTag Repository is... what are the collection names and title sets??? I dunno....

I installed J.River so I may give that a try just so I might have a clue of what the collection names and set names might be that are being queried for.  I just threw a few CD's of mp3's into a scratch directory for testing.

Is there a link with good info on setting up the Plex Repo?
There's not good info for the Plex Repo unfortunately. I did it for some folks who were using it, but never understood it that well myself.

If you want to see what's the repo, just do a very simple interface to browse through it. Or use the auto-generation stuff to generate a browsing screen. There's some videos I think on setting up a media repo and the UI for browsing and such.
Dean Roddey
Is there a way to get the text of the action editor code so I can copy and paste it to the forum?
(01-07-2020, 04:52 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: There's not good info for the Plex Repo unfortunately. I did it for some folks who were using it, but never understood it that well myself.

If you want to see what's the repo, just do a very simple interface to browse through it. Or use the auto-generation stuff to generate a browsing screen. There's some videos I think on setting up a media repo and the UI for browsing and such.
I did thin of that.  I was playing with that a few nights ago.  I may do that.  I think it would be nice to have a UI for browsing system variables and data without "building" a UI... maybe in the future.

I'm probably doing something wrong here or it may be a Sonos thing I don't know...

I've attached a screenshot of the action for the event.  The query for the song title does return and there's a cookie so I think I'm setting the variable?  and then sending the enqueue to the sonos player which should queue it and play?  The event runs but does nothing.

Attached Files
.png   2020-01-07_20-18-01.png (Size: 2.74 KB / Downloads: 4)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global Variables in the Event Server context lleo 1 222 05-16-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Media Repository simplextech 10 1,439 01-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  [FEATURE] Event Run Action simplextech 4 764 01-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Triggered Event on Timer Question znelbok 7 1,039 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Triggered Event and Standard Triggers gReatAutomation 5 796 08-23-2019, 12:38 PM
  LogicServer Elapsed Time and Triggered Event gReatAutomation 6 845 08-17-2019, 07:53 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Use UI to alter scheduled event time IVB 1 450 07-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: IVB
  SubSonic Media Server API Support? gReatAutomation 4 1,048 06-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Event Order ... rbroders 24 2,740 01-12-2019, 02:51 PM
  Triggered Event Server not triggering EST 52 10,297 08-10-2018, 11:23 AM