Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Drivers
In testing I setup the Weather Underground driver and it appears to be having connection errors.  I know there was a lot of issues/changes with Weather Underground last year and the problems with PWS users and such.

- Is the Wunderground Driver no longer working?  I have my own PWS sending data to it and I've verified the data from the website and such.

- Any plans for local weather driver integration?  I'm working on a ISY nodeserver for EcoWitt which works well and is local.  The console sends a POST to the receiving web server and the data is JSON.  Not hard to parse out and use.  The EcoWitt GW-1000 I've tested against my Ambient Weather WS-1401 and it works fine.  I have a display console being shipped to me from FineOffset for integration so I'll see if it works against the WS-1401 as well as testing against the more common WS-2902

- i have an Ambient Weather (homeseer and ISY integration) that uses their API which also would be easy to port over.

- I saw the Davis but alas I don't have a Davis system and it seems the Ambient Weather systems are the most popular currently.

Well... I say easy.. easy for Dean as I don't understand CQC drivers and CML yet.
Weather Underground was purchased by IBM and they cut off the free data access. If you have a weather station then you should be able to get access, but I think you have to get some setup from them to do that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-04-2020, 02:43 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Weather Underground was purchased by IBM and they cut off the free data access. If you have a weather station then you should be able to get access, but I think you have to get some setup from them to do that.

I'm aware.  I have a PWS (several) and I have a WU API key as well that does function.  The driver is not pulling information and gives out an error.  I paused it while messing with z-wave.  I'll get the errors when it resume's which is taking a long time as well.

I've noticed that for some reason (trial maybe?) that my system seems to STOP and does nothing and I have to reboot the system it's on and then things work fine for a couple hours and then everything just stops.
That's nothing to do with the trial mode. If it's doing that, something is fundamentally wrong. When you say stop, what does that really mean? Can you open the AI and log in and see devices and all that?
Dean Roddey
(01-04-2020, 03:38 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's nothing to do with the trial mode. If it's doing that, something is fundamentally wrong. When you say stop, what does that really mean? Can you open the AI and log in and see devices and all that?
I'll start a new thread next time it happens.  But by stop I mean stop.  No logs flowing, no triggers, no errors or messages, nothing.

I'm running on Win 10 Pro VM with 2 CPU and 8G ram to the VM which should be enough I would think.
I noticed the other thread you were using a VM, but moved it to a separate real machine. It would be useful to see if you have the same issue there.
Dean Roddey
(01-04-2020, 06:00 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I noticed the other thread you were using a VM, but moved it to a separate real machine. It would be useful to see if you have the same issue there.
We'll find out Smile

Getting drivers and such setup again so we'll see.
I have an Ambient PWS using the Weather Underground Data Feed V2 driver and have not had any problem connecting. My master server is running Windows 10.
(01-05-2020, 05:41 AM)khill Wrote: I have an Ambient PWS using the Weather Underground Data Feed V2 driver and have not had any problem connecting.  My master server is running Windows 10.
I moved CQC to a dedicated machine last night instead of a VM so I'll setup the driver again.
I never had any luck running CQC in a VM and getting ZWave to work properly. Everything else worked but at the time I needed ZWave to work so I moved CQC to a dedicated Intel NUC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ambient Weather simplextech 2 168 01-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Netatmo Weather Station chmilar 19 12,525 12-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Using Drivers within CML Macro Jnetto 1 1,906 01-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Drivers for new equipment George M 10 5,158 12-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Non-Shipped Drivers Links Dean Roddey 6 7,445 01-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey