Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISY994i Support
That's not a type of field that automatically sends out a trigger. Only certain types do. For the others you will need to put a manual trigger on the field.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...eredEvents
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-03-2020, 01:48 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's not a type of field that automatically sends out a trigger. Only certain types do. For the others you will need to put a manual trigger on the field.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...eredEvents

Excellent.  I added the trigger in the ISY driver for it and now I can get something to work.  Thanks!
So in taking a big jump... I've removed all NodeServers from my primary ISY and it's now only Insteon and Z-Wave devices. I did a clean CQC 909 install on a clean Windows 10 install.

Z-Wave Thermostat's still not coming through the ISY driver. Not horribly concerned as I'm looking for a alternative Z-Wave controller anyways. I want to see if I can get the CQC Z-Wave to work or not so this is still a todo on me.

The new(ish) MSII motion sensors are not showing in the v2 driver at all. Nothing. Is there a trick to these or just not supported by the driver? Kinda a problem as the older one's are EOL and I would have to go to eBay to even find them.

NO SCENES are showing at all... none.

No Variables of any kind or programs are showing up. Are they supported? Programs maybe not but what about variables?
The driver has to have specific support for things. Each thing is represented by a set of numbers and the driver has to look for those to know what it is. Unlike a driver that just is happy to expose whatever it finds in a generic way, we impose semantic meaning on things, so we have to know what we are dealing with. There are lots of different types of things, and it's not much use trying to add support until someone has one that we can actually verify the support works on, so we've just been adding support on a case by case basis as needed.

Generally it requires getting the XML content the ISY that describes the devices. That's a particular URL which will return an XML document. You can find that particular device in the list and chop out the XML content related to it. That's usually enough to give us the info required, though not always. A lot of them are documented in some documents that are floating about and that provides more info usually.
Dean Roddey
(01-03-2020, 02:48 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The driver has to have specific support for things. Each thing is represented by a set of numbers and the driver has to look for those to know what it is. Unlike a driver that just is happy to expose whatever it finds in a generic way, we impose semantic meaning on things, so we have to know what we are dealing with. There are lots of different types of things, and it's not much use trying to add support until someone has one that we can actually verify the support works on, so we've just been adding support on a case by case basis as needed.

Generally it requires getting the XML content the ISY that describes the devices. That's a particular URL which will return an XML document. You can find that particular device in the list and chop out the XML content related to it. That's usually enough to give us the info required, though not always. A lot of them are documented in some documents that are floating about and that provides more info usually.

Yup fully understand the method of going by the device id and not doing a greedy slurping of data.  Here's the info for a few devices that are not working or not registering correctly.

Insteon Motion Sensor II (2844-222)
Code:
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="PIR2844_ADV">
        <address>4F 88 AA 1</address>
        <name>Bathroom Motion</name>
        <parent type="3">20406</parent>
        <type>16.22.71.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <startDelay>0</startDelay>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <pnode>4F 88 AA 1</pnode>
        <ELK_ID>F16</ELK_ID>
        <property id="ST" value="255" formatted="On" uom="100" />
    </node>

New model Leak Sensors (2852-222) They show up but not as a CTCL device
Code:
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="BinaryAlarm_ADV">
        <address>4E 29 71 1</address>
        <name>Kitchen Leak Sensor-Dry</name>
        <parent type="3">1964</parent>
        <type>16.8.68.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <pnode>4E 29 71 1</pnode>
        <ELK_ID>H02</ELK_ID>
        <property id="ST" value="255" formatted="On" uom="100" />
    </node>

Z-Wave Thermostat (StelPro)
Code:
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="UZW00D0">
        <address>ZW004_1</address>
        <name>ZW 004 MBR Thermostat</name>
        <family>4</family>
        <parent type="3">24204</parent>
        <type>4.8.6.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <pnode>ZW004_1</pnode>
        <sgid>1</sgid>
        <devtype>
            <gen>4.8.6</gen>
            <mfg>569.1.1</mfg>
            <cat>140</cat>
        </devtype>
        <ELK_ID>M15</ELK_ID>
        <property id="ST" value="700" formatted="70.0°F" uom="17" prec="1" />
        <property id="CLIMD" value="1" formatted="Heat" uom="67" />
        <property id="CLISPH" value="680" formatted="68.0°F" uom="17" prec="1" />
    </node>
Here's the XML for a scene as none are showing currently in the V2 driver for me with FW 5.x

<group flag="132" nodeDefId="InsteonDimmer">
<address>26119</address>
<name>Family Room Lights</name>
<family>6</family>
<parent type="3">14774</parent>
<deviceGroup>17</deviceGroup>
<pnode>26119</pnode>
<ELK_ID>B01</ELK_ID>
<members>
<link type="16">50 EE D2 1</link>
<link type="0">47 EC 3A 1</link>
</members>
</group>
I'll try the motion sensor for the next drop and we can see how that goes. If that's happy we can do the sensor next.
Dean Roddey
(01-03-2020, 03:39 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I'll try the motion sensor for the next drop and we can see how that goes. If that's happy we can do the sensor next.

Sounds like a plan.  The Leak Sensor is there just not in the same expected manner as the other CTCL... but those have been flakey with the ISY anyways so I'm not too concerned.

Getting the motion sensor support is more important.

BTW - Here's the CIDLog from the last hour or so it shows the bad POST and connection drops

not sure if I can upload a attachment but I'll try.

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLog.Txt (Size: 8.15 KB / Downloads: 1)
I also don't know why none of the scenes are coming into CQC either... that's just odd as they are standard ISY stuff.
It's getting 404 errors on the services page, which doesn't seem reasonable. That means not found, but that's a pre-defined page that's always there. You don't by some chance happen to have two things on the same IP address do you?

Scenes are just something that never got added. As discussed above, it has to know something is a scene and expose it as such, so it would require specific support for scenes to be added. And it may be that our V2 support for scenes hadn't been fully worked out at the time either.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadlink Support? Darrie 1 315 01-20-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Support for MATTER znelbok 0 283 01-10-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  any support for TP Link Kasa natively or third party int? b00ter 1 608 03-13-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Additional MQTT Support znelbok 5 1,952 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM
  Elk Version Support Issue Ron Haley 20 5,400 05-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  RadioRA2 Visor Control Receiver - Input support gReatAutomation 12 4,559 02-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  New MQTT support Dean Roddey 65 20,426 02-02-2020, 02:00 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ISYv2 Driver - IOLinc Support simplextech 7 3,239 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM
  Z-Wave Device Support simplextech 6 2,843 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  Insteon Hub Support batwater 37 17,112 09-15-2019, 01:38 PM