Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISY994i Support
(12-30-2019, 08:16 AM)simplextech Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:51 PM)kblagron Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 03:30 PM)simplextech Wrote: I loaded 909 and the same errors.

You might try the V1 driver.  I have had more luck with that one for Zwave - I couldn't get V2 to recognize the device (A GE Fan Control) when it showed up in the ISY Config Panel, but your post here made me think about the note you mentioned that maybe I needed something in the ISY Config notes to make it work.  I would love to move on to V2, but without Zwave support, I have stayed with V1.

What Z-Wave device support are you needing?  I'm running ISY v2 and I can see my z-wave switches (power plugs) in the driver info.  I do NOT see my z-wave thermostat's which is not good nor do I see any of my ISY Scenes which is also not good.

I think the ISY v2 driver needs some love....

I am using the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Fan Control (5 total).  I didn't like the Insteon option for Fan control, and these work great through Insteon.  On the V1 driver it shows up as a dimmer, but does not show up in V2.  One quirk is that a level of 40 is 100%, and so I just made sure through my actions that it made the change needed or the driver would bark.  What is great is that it is Amazon Alexa controllable using the Insteon plug-in - I am now able to set the fan to any speed through voice control.
Highly recommend BOND (https://bondhome.io/product/bond-bridge/) for fan control. Already integrates with RTI, Control4, et al. Would be nice if we had an official CQC driver for it (the API is a simple JSON interface).
They just a little bit back actually got a good protocol for it. I haven't had time to look into it yet though.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
@simplextech

Are you running 5.XX on your ISY?  I'm looking for someone who can verify that it works with the v2 driver.  I've been holding off upgrading from 4.XX since I don't have any Z-Wave, but I just got a Polisy and it requires 5.XX

-Tom
(01-02-2020, 08:24 AM)xlurkr Wrote: @simplextech

Are you running 5.XX on your ISY?  I'm looking for someone who can verify that it works with the v2 driver.  I've been holding off upgrading from 4.XX since I don't have any Z-Wave, but I just got a Polisy and it requires 5.XX

-Tom

Yes I'm running 5.0.16B.  I typically run the latest on at least one of my ISY's as I'm part of beta and Polyglot dev group.  Yes Polisy and Polyglot (the nodeserver interface) requires minimum 5.x firmware. 

I've had good luck with the 5.x branch so far with only minor hiccups.  The v2 driver kinda works.  I've noticed not all z-wave devices are visible and in my last check I didn't see any of my scenes.  I just built a new VM last night to give CQC a home of it's own so I'll be doing the install and reconfigure today.
Is there a way to hide nodes from the v2 driver? With the mobile apps like Mobilinc and Agave you can add a tilde to the beginning of the node name and they will ignore that node and not try to import it. I HATE THIS by the way. However is there a way to add a note to a device for CQC to just ignore it and not import it?
I checked mine, and I am still running 4.7.3.  With the ethernet interface I can have both V1 and the V2 driver at the same time, and I do have all of my scenes showing in V2 (about 15).  The V1 driver does not display the scenes, you have separate commands to control them (SceneOff, SceneOn, SceneBrighten, etc.)

Usually I keep the V2 driver in a paused state, but it does seem to work well when it isn't.  If it had the Zwave support, I would probably switch to it.
(01-02-2020, 12:56 PM)kblagron Wrote: I checked mine, and I am still running 4.7.3.  With the ethernet interface I can have both V1 and the V2 driver at the same time, and I do have all of my scenes showing in V2 (about 15).  The V1 driver does not display the scenes, you have separate commands to control them (SceneOff, SceneOn, SceneBrighten, etc.)

Usually I keep the V2 driver in a paused state, but it does seem to work well when it isn't.  If it had the Zwave support, I would probably switch to it.

I just reloaded and in my ISY FW 5.0.16B none of my scenes load nor do any of my thermostat's show up.
Going through the Youtube videos for learning things and I just noticed my Motion Sensor II are not showing.

My older MS 2842-222 sensors show up fine, the newer MSII 2844-222 is not available in CQC for use.
What's the magic to get a simple contact sensor trigger to work?

The ISY v2 driver see's the open/close sensors as CTCL devices and the fields are updating correctly when I open/close a door.

I've gone through all of the basic filters I can think of. I would think that Is Field Change For(Field) and the sensor being the field would be a blanket catch all for open and close but I get nothing from it. In the driver status window I see the value change from false/true on open so I know the data is seen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadlink Support? Darrie 1 315 01-20-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Support for MATTER znelbok 0 283 01-10-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  any support for TP Link Kasa natively or third party int? b00ter 1 608 03-13-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Additional MQTT Support znelbok 5 1,952 05-14-2020, 03:55 PM
  Elk Version Support Issue Ron Haley 20 5,398 05-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  RadioRA2 Visor Control Receiver - Input support gReatAutomation 12 4,559 02-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  New MQTT support Dean Roddey 65 20,426 02-02-2020, 02:00 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ISYv2 Driver - IOLinc Support simplextech 7 3,238 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM
  Z-Wave Device Support simplextech 6 2,842 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  Insteon Hub Support batwater 37 17,111 09-15-2019, 01:38 PM