Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z-Wave include fails with security
Ok new issue... I added a basic switch and thermostat to my primary controller (Silabs PC Controller) that was flawless.

BTW - I'm following the Video tutorials....

I again hit Add on my controller and I start the include process from CQC again... it processes and finishes... and nothing. No new devices are added. Is there a step I'm missing here? Typically there's a "add secondary controller" step to setup replication and such but I don't see that from either side of the PC Controller or from CQC.
As with the ISY, we need to know what the devices are, because we have to set up support for them so that we present the right fields. There's no way to figure out that out just from the info we get from the device. Lots of things present themselves as a basic switch, for instance.

It doesn't typically involve any code, it requires that we create a device info file for that device. To do that, we usually just need you to get some info from it. For wall powered stuff it's straightforward since they are always on. Open up the client side interface for the Z-Wave driver and you should see those devices, but it won't yet know what they are.

Click the down button arrow to the left of one of them and one of the options is to get information. It'll query info from the device and show it to you and give you an option to save it. Save it away and post it here. And let me know the exactly make and model number of the devices since I will be creating a mapping from the Z-Wave device ids to that make/model. That lets us then automatically recognize those since we can go from ids queried to device info file, to creating fields.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-04-2020, 03:37 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: As with the ISY, we need to know what the devices are, because we have to set up support for them so that we present the right fields. There's no way to figure out that out just from the info we get from the device. Lots of things present themselves as a basic switch, for instance.

It doesn't typically involve any code, it requires that we create a device info file for that device. To do that, we usually just need you to get some info from it. For wall powered stuff it's straightforward since they are always on. Open up the client side interface for the Z-Wave driver and you should see those devices, but it won't yet know what they are.

Click the down button arrow to the left of one of them and one of the options is to get information. It'll query info from the device and show it to you and give you an option to save it. Save it away and post it here. And let me know the exactly make and model number of the devices since I will be creating a mapping from the Z-Wave device ids to that make/model. That lets us then automatically recognize those since we can go from ids queried to device info file, to creating fields.

There are NO devices in the client side of the driver.  Nothing gets replicated from the master controller on the second inclusion attempt.  Nothing.  It says it was successful but there's nothing listed except for the two controllers.

I can give you lots of info from the Master controller which is the Silicon Labs PC Controller.  IF that doesn't work then I don't think anything is going to.  

Today the Vizia RF+ is EOL and so is the PC Controller software and you have to be registered and go through their stupid training to get the software.
Thinking there "might" be a problem with the VM I installed onto a bare metal mini pc I wasn't using. Using the same aeotec stick I reset and included.

This time I do see that 2 of my devices were included. A GE Outdoor plug. I approved it and it's loaded. The other device is the StelPro thermostat. In the client window there is no information for it and it's an unrecognized device. What information do you need to add support?
Use the drop down beside it and one of the options is to get unit info. Do that it'll show it to you and let you save it. It's just a little text file. Post the output of that file here and I can take a look at it.

I think others have had issues with the USB stick on VMs as well.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-04-2020, 05:56 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Use the drop down beside it and one of the options is to get unit info. Do that it'll show it to you and let you save it. It's just a little text file. Post the output of that file here and I can take a look at it.

I think others have had issues with the USB stick on VMs as well.

Coming from all of the trouble and helping others with Aeotec z-wave sticks on VM's trying to use HomeSeer I should have remembered and not bothered.

I found the little V drop down symbol by watching the video... never ever would have thought that was a drop down.  I ran the get info and saved it and attached two of them to another post.  

FYI - I have a box of stuff from Zooz that I've been working on validating with the ISY Z-Wave.  Once I'm done with that I can move the devices over and send you the dumps for CQC integration.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Z-Wave Device List simplextech 2 596 02-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Phone/WebRIVA Login/Security Alternatives? gReatAutomation 14 2,123 01-27-2020, 05:19 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Z-Wave dual usb stick setup simplextech 7 947 01-20-2020, 01:32 PM
  Z-Wave Device Support simplextech 6 1,190 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
  [REQUEST] Z-Wave Devices simplextech 2 604 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
  IOS Homescreen Webriva fails to connect zra 5 1,270 10-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Last Post: zra
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 162 28,402 08-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New z-wave Ron Haley 4 795 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM