Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blake's CQC Setup
Looks great...I know that took a lot of work!
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, Samsung 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Nice work!
Thanks for the post!

(11-28-2019, 12:18 AM)kblagron Wrote:
  • View the IV on a touchscreen in the kitchen area, along with a Windows Tablet in a docking station in the family room.  Both my wife and I have the ability to access the same IV through our phones using WebRiva, and can access from anywhere with an internet connection on a secured port.

Are all of your IV's displaying on a Windows Tablet or are you using a mix? I myself am moving off of iPad and am moving to Surface Go so I can have full functionality of the IV.

Also, how are you viewing your cameras over WebRIVA when viewing from an iPhone? Are you converting the RTSP stream to HTTP stream?

• Outside motion detection of the front entry area and the driveway, with the ability to turn on 4 TV's and display the video stream.

Curious how you are working out false positives -- if any -- with your cameras. With my NVR I am still tweaking it to not get false positives for either Line Crossing or Area Detection zones, especially involving shade from trees when it's windy outside.

I've got my NVR integrated with a GC-100 so I can send the Alarm Output from the NVR that will send the signal to the GC-100 via the GC-SC1 Contact Closure sensor. Works great and I can use this to do cool things with the CQC Trigger including changing my TV's to PIP mode on the NVR input, etc.

• An Email is sent on Alarm setting, disarming, and other alarm events. 

I wanted to avoid email at all costs and moved to using a SIM800C USB GSM module from Amazon ($15 bucks) along with a SpeedTalk Mobile GSM SIM card on Amazon ($3 bucks) which I set up with SpeedTalk with a $9 a month plan (500MIN / Unlimited SMS / 500MB DATA). I'm now starting to integrate the ability to send commands to CQC via SMS.

• Sonos ZP90

I am curious to know how you are using CQC and SONOS. I have SONOS in my house with (3) CONNECT:AMPS, (3) PLAYBARs, and (6) PLAY:1s in rooms throughout. Setting up each room as a zone is easy enough but the issue comes with grouping and playing party mode. Really interested if/how you are doing this as this -- audio.
Are all of your IV's displaying on a Windows Tablet or are you using a mix? I myself am moving off of iPad and am moving to Surface Go so I can have full functionality of the IV.

I have a Touchscreen mounted in my kitchen, with a cabinet behind it.  I installed an electrical outlet in it and placed a an HP Thin Client running Windows 7 Embedded in there, which drives the touchscreen.  The tablet in the family room is a Dell Venue Pro 11 running Windows 10.  The only other one I display is from my office, and I just pull it up on my computer when needed.

Also, how are you viewing your cameras over WebRIVA when viewing from an iPhone? Are you converting the RTSP stream to HTTP stream?

Right now, I don't - I have the ability to send a snapshot jpeg from my cameras, so I have set up a CQC Variable  that determines whether a client is a Windows IV or WebRiva.  Based on that flag, I will either display the current image of the camera (WebRiva), or if it is a Windows IV, I will display the video stream in that same location on the template.

I use this software named Luxriot, which I am assuming is similar to Blue Iris.  It may have the ability to do the HTTP conversion, but haven't looked.  It comes with an Android/IOS app that allows you to view the cameras remotely, so for me - I am fine with seeing a still photo via CQC, if I need to look at a video stream, I will pull up that phone app.  I think Dean added the ability to pull up a separate app within WebRiva, but haven't looked at it.

Curious how you are working out false positives -- if any -- with your cameras. With my NVR I am still tweaking it to not get false positives for either Line Crossing or Area Detection zones, especially involving shade from trees when it's windy outside.

I have two separate motion detection devices mounted outside (Driveway and Entry Way) and run that through the Elk.  All motion detection is done through the Elk, and a trigger is sent that is then processed by CQC.  I have never had much success with the software based motion detection, but never worked it too hard either to know how good it could be.  I also added another CQC variable that allows me to turn the motion detection on and off within CQC.  Sometimes we will be watching something, and don't want the TV to switch, or it will be very windy outside, and leaves blowing will set off the motion detectors.

I've got my NVR integrated with a GC-100 so I can send the Alarm Output from the NVR that will send the signal to the GC-100 via the GC-SC1 Contact Closure sensor. Works great and I can use this to do cool things with the CQC Trigger including changing my TV's to PIP mode on the NVR input, etc.

That's a good idea, because for me right now, I perform a switch to analog input and display the full screen video stream via a channel that I modulate the stream to.  I think at least two of my TV's have PIP.

I am curious to know how you are using CQC and SONOS. I have SONOS in my house with (3) CONNECT:AMPS, (3) PLAYBARs, and (6) PLAY:1s in rooms throughout. Setting up each room as a zone is easy enough but the issue comes with grouping and playing party mode. Really interested if/how you are doing this as this -- audio.

Mine is very simple.  With the Whole Home Audio system I have (2 B&K's / 12 zones), I have one input into it from the Sonos ZP-90. So essentially, everyone in the house listens to the same Sonos output if they have the Whole House Audio turned on to Sonos.  However, its just my wife and I, so not a big deal.  I supposed I could add multiple ZP's to the Whole House Audio inputs, but as empty nesters, it wouldn't be of much use.
Very nice. This is giving me a lot of ideas and inspiration on layout.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KBL's CQC Setup kblagron 36 30,315 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Looking to overhaul my CQC setup Sendero 7 5,159 10-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  potts' cqc setup potts.mike 73 23,173 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Todd's CQC Setup fairview1100 6 5,768 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: fairview1100
  Gacevich's Setup gacevich 37 15,950 10-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Last Post: gacevich