Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing Triggered Events Possibly Causing Kernel Panic/Crash
Not sure if this is CQC causing this but the coincidence is too much. Both yesterday and today, when I am editing actions inside a triggered event, my Windows 10 system crashes. I thought it may be an OS issue however, after it happened yesterday, I powered off/on the system and left it alone for the remainder of the day and everything worked as normal.

Today, I tried editing actions in a triggered event and it happened again.

Both times, I was editing the actions of a triggered event that was not Pause mode (i.e., the triggered event was running).
That would be pretty difficult for CQC to do. It might do it indirectly of course if there was an OS issue and that activity just happened to tickle the OS in the right way to bring it out or something.

About the only way CQC would have any likelihood of killing windows would be to eat up all available memory. But when that happens it almost always first gets kind of slow and then slower and slower and finally becomes unusualble. And, even then, CQC is 32 bit so worst case a CQC program can only eat about 3.5GB, and most modern systems have considerably more than that, so at worst that should just whack the program or make it unusuable and require you to kill it.

I guess I should ask, do you mean like blue of screen of death type crash? If so, it should show you an error code on the blue screen, so if happens again not that down since it will provide useful hints.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Issue resolved. I was RDP'ing in to my CQC server to access the admin console. Randomly, Windows 10 would give me a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

Because the only time I was RDP'ing in to the machine was when I was accessing CQC, I mistakenly associated the issue to CQC.

Turns out, the issue is related to ntoskrnl.exe and the display driver while RDP'd in to a Windows 10 machine.
I used to always RDP into my CQC Server for admin duties, but found that adding Admin services to the computer I use in my office on install, I can do 95% of what I need on the Admin Console from my office with no noticed delay.  You can add drivers, change interfaces/triggers/images without ever going to the main server.  Has worked great for me.

If I am doing any driver development work, I will then log into the server, but probably even that isn't necessary, just never have done it.
Thanks, I never thought about doing that and will give it a try!
Wow.. I should have done this ages ago. Thanks kblagron.
You don't need to log into the server for driver development either. Unless the device is connected to it and you need to mess with it for some reason.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pause / Resume Triggered or Scheduled Actions from the Interface Viewer gReatAutomation 2 56 10-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Possible Bug with Triggered Events gReatAutomation 3 156 09-19-2019, 02:41 PM
  Triggered Event and Standard Triggers gReatAutomation 5 184 08-23-2019, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  LogicServer Elapsed Time and Triggered Event gReatAutomation 6 173 08-17-2019, 07:53 AM
  Scheduled Events - Cannot find the specified path gReatAutomation 4 151 08-16-2019, 12:21 PM
  Logic Server not sending triggered events znelbok 7 718 05-08-2019, 08:13 AM
  Logic Server bad events rbroders 1 907 10-14-2018, 09:59 PM
  Triggered Event Server not triggering EST 52 8,617 08-10-2018, 11:23 AM
  Triggered Event Questions RichardU 3 1,267 07-14-2018, 03:53 PM
  Triggered event w/ multiple triggers lleo 16 3,264 06-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Last Post: lleo