Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall tablet/touchscreen recommendations?
(09-28-2019, 10:42 PM)kblagron Wrote: Last thing - Lot's of photos.  I mean lots - I took about 100, and a few times, when I am trying to do something different in a room, etc. there is always that one photo you wish you had at that area, and you just missed it, or it was too dark to see the wires, etc.   Also great to see the studs for hanging things on the wall, etc. several years down the road.

And one thing totally unrelated to this - If you're having a sprinkler system put in and/or pool, take the same photos above before everything is covered up.  Everything seems to start breaking in 10 or so years, and it is nice to know where everything has been buried.
(09-28-2019, 10:46 PM)kblagron Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 10:42 PM)kblagron Wrote: Last thing - Lot's of photos.  I mean lots - I took about 100, and a few times, when I am trying to do something different in a room, etc. there is always that one photo you wish you had at that area, and you just missed it, or it was too dark to see the wires, etc.   Also great to see the studs for hanging things on the wall, etc. several years down the road.

And one thing totally unrelated to this - If you're having a sprinkler system put in and/or pool, take the same photos above before everything is covered up.  Everything seems to start breaking in 10 or so years, and it is nice to know where everything has been buried.

That's a good point on photos. Super handy to have for later modifications.  I also took a bunch of video as well panning around the room and ceiling/floor in many spots.  I actually find that the photos have missed certain things that the videos now fill in for showing what's behind the sheetrock/floor/ceiling and gives better depth perception.  Agree 100% on the coax vs cat cabling too... I've added cat5 but have a lot of RG6 that is not even terminated still.
My current plan is 1 RG6 and 3 cat6 to all TV/computer locations, 1.5" conduit routes from every significant room to the equipment closet.
Yet another tag on question...

Regarding thermostats, same as above. Can cqc completely replace a standard or "smart" thermostat, or does at least one need to be installed somewhere for each unit? A little unclear on where division of work comes between a smart thermostat, radiora2 which has ability to integrate with HVAC, and an overlaid automation like cqc.
(09-29-2019, 11:46 AM)rhosch Wrote: Yet another tag on question...

Regarding thermostats, same as above. Can cqc completely replace a standard or "smart" thermostat, or does at least one need to be installed somewhere for each unit? A little unclear on where division of work comes between a smart thermostat, radiora2 which has ability to integrate with HVAC, and an overlaid automation like cqc.
I went with RCS thermostats and ran an Cat5e wire to each. Since they are RS-485 based, it wasn't needed, but I ended up using the Cat5e for an additional temperature sensor instead that it supports.  I use the thermostat to be the main control, and use the CQC driver to control and change the thermostat.  I do the same with Pool Control.  There are times that the CQC drivers will go offline for some reason (not a ton but some) and I want something that I know will control it if that happens and I am not around.
(09-29-2019, 11:46 AM)rhosch Wrote: Yet another tag on question...

I just upgraded to RadioRA2 and one of the first things I bought was the Lutron LR-HWLV-HVAC Thermostat used off of eBay (I've been buying all my Lutron stuff used off of eBay).

The LR-HWLV-HVAC thermostat can be programmed internally using the "essentials" software, but I would use CQC to manage it (one place to manage everything). You can use a combination of Scheduled and Triggered events, as well as can put together an Interface Viewer template for thermostat control from your touchscreen and mobile device.
I'll look closer at the Lutron thermostat. Looks nice at least at a glance. I overlooked it because I don't think it's listed in the cqc thermostat driver section. But I guess the Lutron driver covers that.
(10-01-2019, 08:35 AM)rhosch Wrote: I'll look closer at the Lutron thermostat. Looks nice at least at a glance. I overlooked it because I don't think it's listed in the cqc thermostat driver section. But I guess the Lutron driver covers that.

Yes, the RadioRA2 driver covers the thermostat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harmony Hub and touchscreen remote - $136 refurb at Newegg sic0048 0 1,751 03-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  what touchscreen options if starting out today? capall 64 20,321 02-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Windows 8.1 tablet options, February 2014 Mark Stega 38 15,709 11-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Bal
  Windows 8 Tablet Screen Control rsw686 7 4,212 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Touchscreen Controllers - what do you use? jmwhooper 27 10,954 09-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Last Post: jmwhooper
  Need help on touchscreen setup avtexan 3 2,270 03-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Recommendations for standalone interface clients dman000000 14 5,732 11-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Last Post: kayemsi
  UK Touchscreen Win CE 5.0 jmwhooper 3 3,355 11-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Last Post: jmwhooper
  CQC trigger touchscreen to come out of screensaver robolo 18 5,869 10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Recommendations video switch / touch panel mrtank 9 4,338 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega