Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IrrigationCaddy ICEthS1
Anyone have an IrrigationCaddy ICEthS1 they are willing to part with or have an alternative that works with CQC?
Some folks just use a little PLC with contact closures I think.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I would stay away from Irrigation Caddy - I purchased one that worked maybe a month, and then quit working.  I made multiple attempts to contact them related to warranty, and no response - phone or email or website.    Ended up tossing it in the trash.

I use Rain8Net, which when tied with the driver Irrigation Controller, is a better system - it really has to be controlled by something, as it doesn't have a built-in controller like Irrigation Caddy.   I have had it fail 2 times (over a 7 year period due to lightning strikes in my yard), and they are great about fixing it for nominal amounts.

I would like a choice that provides a built-in controller along with CQC control, but to date, a driver isn't out there other than Irrigation Caddy, which for me, anyway, is not worth the time. (Would love to see a Rachio or Rainbird driver, if one could be written).
Thanks for the feedback.
As dean indicated, A PLC is a viable option. The little ClickPLC has a driver and free software and it can easily be an irrigation controller. Depending on the size of the project the PLC could also double as a house controller for various tasks. Being an industrial product it is quite robust. Mine has been running for a couple of years without fail (knock on wood).

Its cheap too - about the same price as an irrigation controller
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home