Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Landscape Lighting and CQC
Wanted to ask what people are using for control of outdoor landscape lighting with CQC aside from ZWave. Low voltage led transformers and.... Lutron?
I have Insteon, and use their InLine Linc Relay along with  a WAC Lighting Electronic Transformer .  I installed it about a year ago and is working great so far.  I bought into Insteon, right or wrong, about 8 years ago, and am up to about 50 Insteon devices and now 6 Z-Wave devices, and am happy how they are all integrated into one interface to control, and the CQC driver has worked well also.
Thanks. I'll check that out
I will have lutron radiora2 and planning on cqc in our new construction. How to best manage landscape lighting has been one of the least clear parts of this to me. Do people tend to control directly using lutron and transformers (via controlled outlets maybe?) Or with a separate dedicated landscape management system, or through something like an ElkM1G which I will have available, or directly from cqc with relays?
Thread bump.

Nearing completion of prewire but landscape lighting is sti a mystery. One lutron dealer I spoke to uses a series of lutron switched outlets with wallwadt transformers running to each zone of lighting. Direct control from lutron. Effective but a little clunky from an installation perspective routing multie wires out of the house, a line of outlets in the garage, not to mention $150 per switch for each zone.

I've looked at cqc documentation and done see any dedicated landscape lighting controllers listed.

My contractors landscape guy usually puts in a simple system with light sensor and timer but that is for single zones. He's done a couple of multizone installs in the past but doesn't recall which controller he used, he's going back to look.

Any thoughts? Would really like outdoor lights to be integrated so that all off, or vacation, or whatever works for everything.
Anyone have experience with FX Luminaire / Luxor landscape lighting system? Multizone system with built in integration with Lutron. Maybe that's a better path tonpersue than looking to control directly with cqc?
I wonder how they show up in the Lutron system? Is each one a different light or is each zone I guess maybe just a 'light' to the Lutron. If there's some specific multi-zone lighting commands that support would have to be added.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
https://www.fxl.com/support/luxor-home-a...structions

Contains the Lutron integration guide. I'm thinking each zone is a device to Lutron. I think an actual Lutron switch needs to be installed for each zone, would have to read closer to see if that can be just a remote switch. Can't imagine it needs to support a load.

Don't see any mention there of dimming level or color controls. May simply be on/off of each zone to whatever last setting was?
If that's the case then the driver would probably handle it as is.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(08-09-2019, 08:21 PM)kblagron Wrote: I have Insteon, and use their InLine Linc Relay along with  a WAC Lighting Electronic Transformer .  I installed it about a year ago and is working great so far.  I bought into Insteon, right or wrong, about 8 years ago, and am up to about 50 Insteon devices and now 6 Z-Wave devices, and am happy how they are all integrated into one interface to control, and the CQC driver has worked well also.

My outdoor lighting system has three zones, each with a separate transformer.  The company is called Volt Lighting voltlighting.com and offers a  huge variety of high quality fixtures, transformers of different sizes and all the accessories needed.  Their transformers housings are stainless steel and have a plug in to install a timer.  It just happens that an Insteon appliance model will fit in that space and this is how I control each zone.  I have ISY programs that run the system so not dependent on a PC running and CQC can change the time parameters for those programs.
.jpg   IMG_2457.jpg (Size: 102.2 KB / Downloads: 5)
.jpg   IMG_2458.jpg (Size: 88.49 KB / Downloads: 2)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunsetter Awning with RGBW Lighting and CQC kfly 2 185 07-29-2021, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  RadioRA2 vs CQC for Lighting Scenes gReatAutomation 1 562 07-10-2020, 12:16 PM
  Hue Lighting Control jokermac 17 5,228 03-28-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: jokermac
  GE Heavy Duty 40 Amp Outdoor Switch (14285) / Misting System gReatAutomation 0 876 06-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  GE Z-Wave Outdoor Switch / Garage Door / Alarm gReatAutomation 0 923 06-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  global actions and lighting groups jkmonroe 11 6,625 06-02-2017, 08:27 PM
  Landscape to portrait to landscape George M 2 2,178 01-19-2017, 12:46 PM
  [NEW] Lighting Control Poll Squintz 33 16,916 01-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  lighting switch ellisr63 6 3,796 05-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Lighting UI implementation rbroders 1 2,286 06-08-2011, 09:49 AM