Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generic-Network Monitor - Config File Error
Hmm... So that driver is so old that it pre-dates the built in CML XML parser, so it has a custom XML parser. It looks like the top level element is NetMonCfg. So as best I can make out, the values in the docs are attributes, so something like:

Code:
<NetMonCfg>
   <Globals  DebugMode="True"/>
   <Monitor x="y" b="z"/>
</NetMonCfg>

So a Globals and then one or more Monitor elements. It doesn't look like the monitor elements are in any sort of containing element but I could be wrong.

Someone who uses this driver will have a working file and hopefully will chime in.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
So the driver provided by the poster in that thread (08-15-2015) is newer than the one provided by CQC? Just want to clarify if I should use the official CQC driver provided or someone else's.

In either case, still need to know how to pull up the config file as I have tried numerous variations.
Good grief. I tried all combinations except for the one in the screen shot which is the appropriate way to reference the file, which must be located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\CQCData\MacroFileRoot directory.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-06-27-at-15-22-28.jpg]
It will use whatever you enter, but you have to put the actual file in the correct place to correspond to that path. You shouldn't need the double slashes. The default value it presents to you, which is the one I gave above as the example, is:

\Drivers\Network_Monitor\netmon.xml

The actual default value it shows you has double slashes which are not needed. That would correspond to:

[cqc]\CQCData\MacroFileRoot\Drivers\Network_Monitor\netmon.xml

It's generally better to go with that sort of scheme since that's the standard one that most drivers use. Utlimately that driver should just ask you for a name and expect it to be n that path, but it's quite old and that convention probably wasn't as well worked out back then.

I'll put it on the list to spiff that driver doc up once we work out for sure what a correct format it.
Dean Roddey
The shipped version is 1.8, and the version in that thread is 1.9, which seems to just have one small tweak, so you'd be fine with either, you just get that final tweak with the one from the thread, assuming that the comments are correct in terms of what actually changed.
Dean Roddey
(06-27-2019, 11:37 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It will use whatever you enter, but you have to put the actual file in the correct place to correspond to that path. You shouldn't need the double slashes. The default value it presents to you, which is the one I gave above as the example, is:

\Drivers\Network_Monitor\netmon.xml

The actual default value it shows you has double slashes which are not needed. That would correspond to:

[cqc]\CQCData\MacroFileRoot\Drivers\Network_Monitor\netmon.xml

It's generally better to go with that sort of scheme since that's the standard one that most drivers use. Utlimately that driver should just ask you for a name and expect it to be n that path, but it's quite old and that convention probably wasn't as well worked out back then.

I'll put it on the list to spiff that driver doc up once we work out for sure what a correct format it.

These folders do not exist when you install the CQC Generic Network driver:

[cqc]\CQCData\MacroFileRoot\Drivers\Network_Monitor\

They are not created.
You have to create the file the driver uses, so it assumes you will create the directory as well, and just point the driver at wherever you put it.
Dean Roddey
(06-27-2019, 11:44 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You have to create the file the driver uses, so it assumes you will create the directory as well, and just point the driver at wherever you put it.

ok. That part was not intuitive in the documentation. Thanks.

One funny side effect of loading this driver is that it triggers me getting an SMS message telling me that one of my lights are on (I have a trigger for one of my lights as a test).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NetworkMonitor - Cannot Reload Config gReatAutomation 26 2,552 05-15-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  I updated to the latest beta version of CQC, and now getting libvlc.dll error? ghurty 2 184 04-29-2020, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ghurty
  Troubleshooting Network Issue zra 7 294 04-18-2020, 03:32 AM
Last Post: zra
  Web Camera: libvlc.dll error simplextech 12 1,424 01-12-2020, 02:40 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Client side error dialog popping up xlurkr 3 436 01-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: xlurkr
  Log Error George M 1 325 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  IP Camera Error gReatAutomation 3 763 06-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reading Text File of Google Calendar Entries kblagron 30 4,262 06-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Question on Socket Error kblagron 4 1,112 04-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Files of type "Logic Server config" cannot be edited chmilar 2 902 04-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Last Post: chmilar