Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.5 Beta Discussions Thread
Hi Dean,

Today I'm going to try again to get to 6.0.  I'm updated to .914 and have noticed a problem.  This has not gone away in 6.0.

Within the Irrigation driver that some of us are using, there are several fields that can be displayed like run history and other status.  I've noticed in my IV now, that the text is displaying somewhat strangely.  I'm unsure if it's a breaking change type thing I am missing or an unintended thing where the driver needs updating.  It's not maintained any longer so hoping it's something that can be done within CQC itself.  

I'm seeing most or all the M.Eng.String fields now have:
Start: %(h,2):00 AM  Duration %(H,1):20:01  Remaining 0

or History:
"Sun, Oct %(D,2)  %(H,2):52:17 ...

It's actually displaying the %(h,2) versus an actual number substituted in the desired format.  So is that formatting string not working any longer or was syntax changed perhaps?

Also, thanks for looking at the Logic Server issue.  I just copied the file across versions like you suggested and all seems good.
-Mike G
That shouldn't have changed. Given how fundamental that is, it's hard to imagine how it wouldn't be breaking all kinds of stuff. Maybe it's an issue in the CML layer or something. I'll take a look at it. presumably that should be getting replaced on the server side. That's the raw field text you are seeing like that, right? Not something being done on the IV side?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(03-26-2021, 04:47 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That shouldn't have changed. Given how fundamental that is, it's hard to imagine how it wouldn't be breaking all kinds of stuff. Maybe it's an issue in the CML layer or something. I'll take a look at it. presumably that should be getting replaced on the server side. That's the raw field text you are seeing like that, right? Not something being done on the IV side?

It's odd isn't it.  Yeah, must be something in CML or oddity with the driver maybe that's choking on something maybe as I am pretty sure I can display other time fields ok.

Correct, I can see the issue in fields displayed directly in the Admin interface--> Drivers -->Drivername
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks1bzgn5ugfbox1/1.JPG?dl=0
-Mike G
I noticed the same thing some time back - It occurred when I upgraded to 5.4.911.  I have since moved on to RainMachine, so not using it anymore.

Here is my post:  https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/showthread.php?tid=10858&pid=157096
I've been banging around today and adding more tests in that area and am not seeing any sort of issues with the time formatting, so I dunno what's going on there. I thought maybe something had gone wrong wrt to not providing the fill character, just the width, but that seems to be working fine also.

There were some changes related to faulting in stuff in the time class that correspond to basically 5.4.908. But I don't see any issues there.

And the other weird thing is that it's clearly replacing some of them, else they'd have all of the tokens still in the string. Just going from those examples it's only failing on h and d tokens, but that may just be happenstance.
Dean Roddey
I attempted to download the 6.0.1 you posted, but I am getting a 404 error.
Yeh, it shouldn't have the Beta bit in there, since it's not a beta. I'll update the URL. Could have sworn I tried it, but apparently not.
Dean Roddey
(03-27-2021, 10:35 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I've been banging around today and adding more tests in that area and am not seeing any sort of issues with the time formatting, so I dunno what's going on there. I thought maybe something had gone wrong wrt to not providing the fill character, just the width, but that seems to be working fine also.

There were some changes related to faulting in stuff in the time class that correspond to basically 5.4.908. But I don't see any issues there.

And the other weird thing is that it's clearly replacing some of them, else they'd have all of the tokens still in the string. Just going from those examples it's only failing on h and d tokens, but that may just be happenstance.

Hi Dean,  I was thinking more on this.  The driver stores some history and settings in text files. I believe it's the data taken from those text file fields where the formatting issue is appearing on.  Is it possible that whatever method the driver uses to get to that data could have a little bug in it maybe? 

As an example the history file looks like this inside:
14010804003710000|1|Water Grass|11
14011668003230000|1|Water Grass|11
14012532003780000|1|Water Grass|8
14013163931030000|1|Water Grass|0
14013396002650000|1|Water Grass|8
14014944777310000|0|Side Grass|3

Also not sure if I should be posting here or is there a 6.x Beta section for discussions?  Let me know or move this to there if makes more sense.

Thanks
-Mike G
I was going to try and see what the problem was with the Irrigation Scheduler was since I still have a Rain8 box attached to my server and it was easy to pop into the IDE Harness and see the issue, possibly fix it, but....

I am having a problem with that driver loading in the harness - I am getting the "Unhandled System Exception  in GUI Thread - No Information Available" after inputting the manifest requirements.   

It works fine on my system (except for the formatting issues).  Since I previously had it on Pause,  I was able to un-pause it, review the driver data, control Rain8 with it, but can't get it to load in the Harness.
Where is this particular version of the driver? Is that a driver pack here on the forum? I can at least compile it and see why it might not and what might be wrong enough about it to make the driver IDE choke on it.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.x Beta Release Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 11 511 06-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 6.x Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 2 308 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM
  6.X Discussions Thread gReatAutomation 1 207 04-01-2021, 03:23 PM
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 43 8,194 02-26-2021, 04:51 PM
Last Post: kfly
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 133,312 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 23,485 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 308,120 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 16,546 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 135,618 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 12,491 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM