Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up SQL Database
I'm an idiot when it comes to databases.  That being said, there use to be a nice "how to" about how to set up an SQL Express database to use with the DB Logger driver and graphmatic.  I use to have this all working on an older system.  I had to change servers however and I never got the DB up and running.  I'm finally sick and tired of seeing my blank graphmatic images in my IV that I started to play around with creating a database.  I didn't get very far.

I have MS SQL Server 2014 running on my CQC machine now.  I created a database called "CQC_Blank_DB".  However I am lost as to what the next steps are.  I created a new table called "DataLogSchedule" but I don't know the next steps or even if this table has been created correctly.

Does anyone still have the old instructions or would be willing to walk me through creating a new DB that will work?

Thanks!

[Image: i5T7ebt.png]
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Looking at the DataLog DB driver details, I think I needed to add a second table (called DataLogValues) and a "clustered index".  Below is a screen shot of my work.  Hopefully someone can tell me if it's right or not.

[Image: pis50eD.png]
Other systems used:
Here's the driver thread, which hopefully would have the instructions in there?

https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sh...ata+logger
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, like I said I'm an idiot when it comes to setting this up..... I had read that thread before, but totally missed the first part about setting the DB up. DOH!

That being said, I've successfully set the database up (parts 1-3) as well as set up the ODBC connection (part 4) on the same computer that runs CQC and the database. In step 4, when I create the ODBC connection and in the last step I "Test Data Source" I get a positive "Tests completed successfully" message. However, when I attempt to install the Data Log Database driver, there are no "Available ODBC Sources" to choose from. Clearly there is a disconnect happening somewhere. I think the database is up and running properly, but CQC cannot see the database to connect to it.

I restarted the CQC service and there was no change in this behavior. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Other systems used:
There are various wierdnesses about ODBC sources when it comes to where they are accessed from and the 32/64 bitness involved and the 32/64 bitness of the Windows version you are on. CQC is a 32 bit program so you may need to create a 32 bit ODBC source.

Here are some related threads in the How-To section:

https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sh...p?tid=5751
https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sh...p?tid=5751
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  setting up CQC tom 12 1,818 10-31-2021, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Simple check before setting Elk M1 to Arm State KenC 7 5,266 10-03-2017, 05:55 PM
  Datalog Driver - Accessing an SQL Database on a Different Server kblagron 5 2,833 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Opacity Setting DaveB 0 1,110 03-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  Setting defaults in variable driver not working znelbok 3 1,968 12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
  writing and reading times from database driver znelbok 2 1,472 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
  Setting default value pilotguy7ca 2 1,986 06-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Last Post: pilotguy7ca
  Having trouble setting default. Ron Haley 1 1,726 05-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Setting flow control in the .manifest file beelzerob 7 3,567 04-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Last Post: beelzerob
  Brultech ECM-1240 - Via Generic Database Connector personalt 18 8,546 04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Last Post: beelzerob