Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security cameras
There is a standard way to do that in URLs. The standard way is:

http://myname:mypassword@someserver.com/whatever

But some things may want you to pass them as query parameters, in which case you need to know what parameter names they are wanting.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(12-22-2018, 06:00 PM)znelbok Wrote: how do you add a username and password to the url needed for CQC.  The help file talks about parameters and then goes not to say that there is only one parameter available - CustAR

"The currently available values are as listed below, but of course not all of them may be applicable for any given camera:

CustAR -  This allows you to set a custom aspect ratio, so something like CustAR=4:3 and so forth. Otherwise you get the aspect ratio of the actual incoming video content. Typically you'd want to use the actual AR, but in some cases you might want to force it."

CQC doesn't require the use of a password in its web camera widget or have specific formatting requirements.  However, the source device (camera, NVR, etc) that you are trying to stream likely DOES require a password and has specific formatting requirements.  You need to check the documents for the source device to determine what parameters they require and the format they accept in the address line.  Dean's example is probably the most commonly used format, but that doesn't mean it's automatically going to work or that your device isn't looking for some additional parameters too.

So the Shinobi article that I linked to in a previous post shows exactly what format the Shinobi software uses for its streaming addresses. If I wanted to stream directly from the cameras themselves (which I did until just a couple of days ago) I would need to look at the manufacturers documents to determine what parameters they need to access the RTSP feed. For example, my REO camera uses this address format "rtsp://admin:password@ip_address:554//h264Preview_01_main" to view its stream (and this is the address I needed to use in Shinobi to get it to record the camera stream).

Hopefully that makes sense. The good news is that most manufacturers have created instructions on how to view their device's streams. Many have created articles on how to view the stream in VLC. If the stream works in VLC, I think you will find that the same streaming address format will work in the CQC web camera widget.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone/WebRIVA Login/Security Alternatives? gReatAutomation 14 4,555 01-27-2020, 05:19 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Z-Wave include fails with security simplextech 15 4,115 01-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  WebRIVA and Cameras on iOS gReatAutomation 5 2,042 07-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bryanb
  DIY Security System Integration cavalier240 10 4,949 01-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Security Server could not be contacted Shaky 2 1,768 05-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Advice on Security pjgregory 17 4,472 11-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Security Panels? jkmonroe 9 3,278 09-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Tons of Security Events rbroders 38 7,629 03-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Does the "Device Simulator - Security" implement the necessary interfaces? SamVimes2 3 2,179 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Low security setup issue DaveB 9 4,132 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Last Post: DaveB