• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving MS question
To move a master serve, I just
1) stop CQC
2) copy CQC dir off
3) put CQC onto new machine
4) re-install CQC on new machine

right?

I did that, it's picking up the old server name and not the new one. Odd. This is on my former 2ndary server, fwiw
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Run the uninstaller on the new machine if CQC was installed there before, or at least stop the service(s) and delete or rename the CQC directory to insure nothing gets picked up from there.

When you run the installer for the copied over MS, be sure to not access previous settings. Uncheck that options go through the pages until you get to the master server page, which should have an option there to install here or against some other server. You might have to initially uncheck install here, and then re-check install here. That should then pick up the local host name. Let me know if not.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Got a new(refurb) pc, same issue. I can't even select installing on another server which I thought was odd. I copied over the old CQC directory, there was no current CQC directory since it's a new machine. I unchecked previous settings.

I wonder if it's because this is an unregistered install? I'll send you the license key to see if that helps.
Applied the new key, re-ran the installer, same dealio. Doesn't let me select "MS installed elsewhere", and when it starts up it still has the old servers and devices under them.
oh i should mention I went from .909 to .919 at the same time. Should I delete it all and go back to just 909?
I don't think that would matter. I'll look at it, but let's do this just to let you get going... Uncheck the install here and say you are installing it somewhere else. Give it the name of some other server and continue. It will fail. But, then you should be able to go back and select install here and have it reset to the local machine name.
Dean Roddey
sorry, that's what I mean. It won't let me check the other box. It's a radio button but the other one is greyed out, unselectable.

I'll try installing with .909 to see if that does anything.
Oh, yeh, you are telling it you are installing the master server back in the main options box. You would have to temporarily uncheck that before it would let you undo the 'install it here' thing. Let it fail, then back up and re-check the master server, and move back forward again and you should be OK then.
Dean Roddey
(12-08-2018, 06:23 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Oh, yeh, you are telling it you are installing the master server back in the main options box. You would have to temporarily uncheck that before it would let you undo the 'install it here' thing. Let it fail, then back up and re-check the master server, and move back forward again and you should be OK then.

well, I think I did that. On initial runthrough I unchecked it, it went to "uninstall", followed the bouncing ball, made up a name. It failed, couldn't contact on the "test connection", kept clicking "back" to the initial install box, selected "upgrade", went back through.

No change, it still shows my old server name in the Admin Interface under "Devices".

btw when I try to add new device, it only shows the new single server name. But the prior devices show up under the old server name.
On the drivers, they aren't like they used to be. They showed up under the name of the server they were running on because they weren't actually configured anywhere but there. Now they are all configured on the MS.

Right click on the server entry that contains those drivers, and there's an option to move the drivers to the new server. Though of course that might require that the other thing be taken care of first.

Let me think on the server name problem.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem Moving CQC to new Computer kblagron 12 960 02-17-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SSL Certificate Question gReatAutomation 1 950 10-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  V2 Question - OpenWeatherMap Using their New JSON Data Feed kblagron 7 2,136 05-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Dynamic Overlay Question bryanb 4 1,372 04-17-2020, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Triggered Event on Timer Question znelbok 7 3,414 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Question on CQC Driver Pack Install kblagron 1 1,305 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM
  Moving the CQSL server Dean Roddey 28 7,477 09-03-2019, 05:27 AM
  SONOS Driver Question gReatAutomation 13 5,687 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM
  Insteon V2 Driver Question kblagron 1 1,276 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Question on Parsing a String in a CML Macro kblagron 2 1,639 06-18-2019, 06:21 PM