Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Generate general question
I've been lurking here off and on for a few years and have downloaded CQC to evaluate 2 or 3 times over the years.

I went through most of the videos and have used the Auto Generate feature to put together some rudimentary interfaces.

The videos cover both manually putting together interfaces and also auto generating them.

I know some of you have come up with some extremely impressive systems and I'm wondering, are you using the Auto Generate feature for your interfaces or are you putting them together manually?  I don't want to start down one path only to find out that it's not the way the advanced users do it.

Thx.
Originally IVB was kind enough to make me a set of templates, and he also installed it in my home to get me going (this was before the auto generate), and I expanded on my setup with the help of everyone on CQC. I dropped out for years, and have now returned again. I am now working on some of my stuff by following the tutorials, but I know I will most likely use the Auto generate, and then mod them with my own graphics, and layout as well as add other features.

Have you tried to use auto generate, and then supplement it with your own additions?
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
(11-12-2018, 04:16 PM)ellisr63 Wrote: Originally IVB was kind enough to make me a set of templates, and he also installed it in my home to get me going (this was before the auto generate), and I expanded on my setup with the help of everyone on CQC. I dropped out for years, and have now returned again. I am now working on some of my stuff by following the tutorials, but I know I will most likely use the Auto generate, and then mod them with my own graphics, and layout as well as add other features.

Have you tried to use auto generate, and then supplement it with your own additions?

+1, Even if you don't intend to use the Auto Generated templates it is very valuable to generate a set of templates to see what is posible and how things are done. You can cut/paste parts of the template and then work out how to make it work. It is much easier to learn from a working template then trying to figure out everything from scratch.
I did some videos a bit back about how to use some of the extension mechanisms of the auto-gen system to add your own stuff the output in a way that doesn't prevent you from continuing to use the auto-gen system (i.e. you won't be overwriting your changes as would be the case if you directly started modifying stuff.)

Creating custom tiles and overlays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGSx5A_Els

Creating a custom home layout screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6qhow-cyKM
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks all.  I think I get it.  The tutorial videos are very helpful for sure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSL Certificate Question gReatAutomation 1 510 10-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  V2 Question - OpenWeatherMap Using their New JSON Data Feed kblagron 7 1,317 05-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Dynamic Overlay Question bryanb 4 764 04-17-2020, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bryanb
  Triggered Event on Timer Question znelbok 7 2,263 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Question on CQC Driver Pack Install kblagron 1 820 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM
  SONOS Driver Question gReatAutomation 13 3,567 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM
  Insteon V2 Driver Question kblagron 1 813 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Question on Parsing a String in a CML Macro kblagron 2 1,033 06-18-2019, 06:21 PM
  ELK M1 Client Interface question lleo 1 945 06-12-2019, 08:15 AM
  Question on Socket Error kblagron 4 1,730 04-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Last Post: kblagron