Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues debugging IP based driver
I'm having issues trying to write an IP based driver. When I start the driver for debugging the IP address passed into InitializeSocket is always null. I wrote an IP driver a few years ago and don't remember having this issue. Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you
You have the manifest correctly set up for an IP address and the driver wizard is letting you enter one when you start the new session in the driver IDE? You are running in the separate standalone CML driver IDE, right? You can't debug drivers in the Admin Interface.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(09-20-2018, 02:06 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You have the manifest correctly set up for an IP address and the driver wizard is letting you enter one when you start the new session in the driver IDE? You are running in the separate standalone CML driver IDE, right? You can't debug drivers in the Admin Interface.

Dean,

Yep the manifest appears to be good and I am in the CML IDE and specifically in the InitializeSocket function. The value passed in that should be the ip addr is empty. The thing that is most curious to me is I have the same issue if I open and debug one of the IP Socket drivers in the system folder. I've also installed CQC on another workstation and I have the same issue. That why I'm thinking something I'm doing isn't right.
What CQC version are you on? Can you use the Tools menu and create a driver pack and e-mail it to support at our domain. I can import it and try it and see what I get.
Dean Roddey
(09-21-2018, 08:13 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: What CQC version are you on? Can you use the Tools menu and create a driver pack and e-mail it to support at our domain. I can import it and try it and see what I get.

I am using 5.3.2. I have packaged up the driver and sent it to support. I've also got some screen shots of me loading the driver in the CML IDE that I will send as well. While I was capturing the screen shots, it did occur to me that i could try passing the ip in an additional CfgTPrompt field and assign that to m_IPConnect, since the CfgPrompts cvalues are getting into InitializeSocket(). If that works and I can get connected to this device I can at least keep moving forward.  
So the issue is that the Object Value column is only used for basic values (strings, numbers, or sometimes to show some basic information for more complex classes. But for classes in general it may or may not used. Click the ... column to see more details and it should be there.

Sorry about that. The CML IDE docs got sort of left behind in the massive reworking of the docs to HTML format, so some of these details can be a bit tricky. I hope to get that taken care of soon.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 6,170 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Writing Driver - Varying commands based on checksum gReatAutomation 3 361 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Samsung HLxxA750 DLP Beta Driver jrunde 37 19,801 07-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 123 53,530 07-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New Driver - How hard would this be? kblagron 4 894 05-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Cytech Comfort Driver znelbok 6 825 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 6 2,654 01-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Last Post: greymatter
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 14 4,420 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM