Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't find CQCServer
I seem to have developed some form of driver corruption on one of my client machines - VETINARY.  The admin interface shows two drivers installed, but both are shown in red.  One is just a CQC Var driver so it should always be connected.  I have tried installing new drivers on this machine, but I get a message saying that the "new configuration has been stored, but driver failed to load to target host". The log shows that the CQCServer canot be contacted.   I get the same message if I try to reconfigure one of the drivers.   I have attached the log file.

Windows task manager shows both CQCServer and CQCGWSrv running.  I have tried deleting the CQC installation on VETINARY and re-installing 5.2.10 from scratch  and re-booting the master server, but the problem remains.   Drivers on other machines are working normally as far as I can tell.

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLog.Txt (Size: 12.78 KB / Downloads: 2)
A separate issue is this. This looks like some driver you've modified, but the version isn't a valid number so the manifest info fails to load correctly. You can't have the PG on the version, it has to be a number dot a number.

The version number '1.16PG' for driver 'DVDO iScan VPnn' is invalid

Anyhoo, from some other machine (besides the Vetinary one), open the CQC Command Prompt and do:

CQCNetTest > NT.Txt

and post the NT.Txt file contents. Let's see why it can't be contacted.

Are you sure that you have driver support enabled on that machine? The naive interpretation of the error:

No CQCServer was found on host 'Vetinary'

Is that literally no CQCServer (the driver host) is running there. If you look at that task list on that machine and show processes for all users, is CQCServer.exe in there?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have attached the NT.txt file which I created on the masterserver WINTERMUTE.  As I said, I can see CQCServer on the windows task manager for VETINARY so I assume it is running.

I haven't used the DVDO iScan driver for many years, so I have no idea how it is still showing up.  It is not listed on the Devices section of the Admin Interface so it must be something that has never got properly deleted.

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   NT.Txt (Size: 15.6 KB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   TaskManager.jpg (Size: 22.49 KB / Downloads: 3)
That all looks fine. So do this:

1. Open the CQC Command Prompt, doesn't matter what machine
2. Flush the logs with CIDLogAdmin Flush
3. Recycle the service on the vetinary machine
4. Open the AI on the MS and expand out the offending server
5. Let it go for a minute
6. Shut down the AI
7. Get me a log dump with CIDLogAdmin Dump > log.txt
8. Send me that log.txt file

Maybe the actual issue is the other way, i.e. vetinary is having issues getting to the MS and so can't load his driver info.
Dean Roddey
BTW, it would also help, in check that, to do CQCNetTest from the vetinary machine.
Dean Roddey
Have gone through the procedure and attached the Log.txt file from the master server and the NT.Txt from VETINARY.

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 6.16 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   NT.Txt (Size: 15.74 KB / Downloads: 2)
It's not having any issues that I can see. There were some errors from CQCServer on that Vetinary machine, but I'm guessing those were from a cycle of the MS or something. They don't come back after the restart.

OK, so do this for me:

1. Open the CQC Command Prompt
2. Do this command: CIDNSAdmin /Dump > ns.txt
3. Post the ns.txt file output.
Dean Roddey
Here is the file from running CIDNSAdmin /Dump >ns.txt  on VETINARY.

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   ns.txt (Size: 151 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Wait!  The command you asked me to run was invalid.  I think you mean CIDNSAdmin Dump >ns2.txt.  This is the file

Attached Files
.txt   ns2.txt (Size: 8.99 KB / Downloads: 2)
That looks fine as well, and would seem to indicate that the drivers there are loading and running. Do you have this issue with the drivers on that machine from all CQC machines? I.e. can you run the AI on that vetinary machine and access the drivers there? I.e. is it just one specific machine where you are having an issue or from all machines?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Variable Action "Find" command or alternate Shaky 3 151 11-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Scheduled Events - Cannot find the specified path gReatAutomation 4 1,253 08-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Can't find a rule/trigger IVB 5 1,919 12-10-2018, 06:03 PM
  Can't Find a Couple of Documented Action Commands kblagron 7 3,482 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Cant find room generator in v5 and looking for v5 templates ghurty 6 4,185 01-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Where to find Elk ID for V2 Driver? ghurty 9 2,949 06-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Cannot find any UPnP devices? M4T VW 19 7,703 06-15-2016, 06:56 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  How do i find out what this error means? ellisr63 1 1,745 03-07-2016, 11:58 AM
  A 'Find Widgets' option Dean Roddey 14 4,544 01-15-2016, 02:20 PM
  Variable Find action? dlmorgan999 3 2,033 05-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999