Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unclear errors (and tons)
Doing some maintenance in both drivers & triggers. Not sure what I did, but now getting this probably once per 5 seconds. What did I do?

[Image: scLjpKc.png]
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Get a log dump so I can see where it's really coming from. I'm guessing it's not from CQC but from a device or service and CQC is just passing it on.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
okay that's weird, just went to grab it and it's no longer there. Tons of other weird errors though. Check it out.

Attached Files
.zip   cqc-log.zip (Size: 4.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
There are some like this:

Invalid device category 'EDevCat_Miscellaneous in manifest. Make/Model=SageTV LLC/SageTV Player(Development)

which are just warnings. These are probably older, third party drivers that have the old format for device categories in the driver manifest, so they aren't understood. They just get set to miscellaneous. It's not hurting anything per se, but could be fixed.

There were a couple socket errors trying to connect to a Sonos, but they appear to have been just initial startup quirks that were not repeated.

A couple were from a WebRIVA client probably dropping the connection somewhat ungracefully, so the web server timed out and dropped that connection.

Code:
01/20 17:25:06-HA-VM, CQCWebSrv, CQCWebSrvWorkerThread1
{
    CIDSChan, CIDSChan_SChan.cpp.1435, Failed/Timeout, Error: 5013/0/0
    Received no data from other side. Name=Secure Server Data Source
      <CQCWebSrv> CIDSChan_SChan.cpp - 815
}

Some are from the event server starting to try to run events before all the drivers are up and running, so it's not finding the fields for a while. Those went away after the system was up and running, but that's most of them.

Code:
01/20 17:36:55-HA-VM, CQCServer, CQCDrv_EchoHueSimThread21
{
    CQCKit, MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCLogger.143, Status/App Status
    LoadConfig: Error - Could not find field: Lighting.LGHT#Sw_MBR-Closet
}
01/20 17:36:55-HA-VM, CQCServer, CQCDrv_EchoHueSimThread21
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_ThisFacility.cpp.3389, Failed/Not Found, Error: 6006/0/0
    Driver 'Lighting' does not seem to be loaded at this time
    /CQC/CQCServer/Drivers/Lighting
}
Dean Roddey
at some point a "search within all action dialog boxes" would be great. I have no idea where that SageTV command could be, will start looking.
I know where that one comes from. The manifest data is really old and has some data in it from ancient times, which isn't quite right anymore. I wouldn't worry about it particularly. It just means that some of the drivers (there are four or five of them) get marked as miscellaneous device types instead of what they really are. It would only matter in something that searched for particular types of devices. I guess the driver install dialog is maybe the only place currently where that happens, i.e. if you tried to find it by it's actually type, it wouldn't be there it would be under Miscellaneous.
Dean Roddey
If there's any way you can make the logging clearer so I know the location, it would be great. I just found some more errors in the log related to drivers I no longer have, but i'm not sure where i'm calling them.

[Image: CpwEIpYh.png]
It can be difficult to know where they are coming from. Really, ever place that tries to read/write a field would have to log something, which could get messy. Generally speaking it's mostly dealt with by the fact that the intf editor these days shows you lots of such errors in the error list, and you can find them that way. But, for something like this, bringing back to life a lot of old stuff, that would require going through them all and checking them. Though that wouldn't be a bad thing, run through them and pass attention to the errors displayed.

It can't always catch them of course, since some are dynamically created, i.e. variables and such are used to build up the names of things, so the actual name isn't available at editing time.

I'll put it on the list to try to find some strategic places to log things. And actually some is already there, but not normally done because it's not THAT unusual for these things to happen, and if lots of stuff is being logged related to that it can generate a lot of output. But I'll look at it.

BTW, in that case, you can see the process is the web server. Unless you ahve written custom CML content being invoked on the web server, that almost certainly means WebRIVA, which means templates. So that slightly cuts it down. Other of course is to just bring up the log monitor program, which shows the logs live, and then bring up the IV and start interacting. When you do something and it generates errors, that's something to look at.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recurring Errors - Help to identify Bugman 1 299 04-02-2022, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  More CQC Errors znelbok 3 485 01-23-2022, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New Install Errors znelbok 3 566 11-29-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  I cant enter parameters for sizing into the webcam widget. I get errors about invalid ghurty 2 1,243 04-29-2020, 04:01 PM
  RIVA errors zra 3 1,529 02-09-2020, 04:02 PM
  unclear error message IVB 7 3,411 09-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Locating Errors via Log File zra 1 1,834 11-28-2015, 02:50 PM
  Getting errors from ExecApp? dlmorgan999 5 3,281 07-21-2015, 10:29 AM
  PHP errors form the forum DaveB 1 2,240 07-27-2014, 10:36 AM
  CQCRemVSrv errors in the logs bbrendon 2 2,248 07-15-2014, 10:43 AM