Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Global Action from IV?
Is there an easy way to create global actions from the interface viewer if I were to create the interfaces?

For example, set the color and brightness of my Hue system and then click a 'save scene' button that will take the currently set parameters and make a global action that I can easily recall?

Here is a quick and dirty flow of what I am thinking -

- set whatever devices to whatever desired setting.  think brightness settings, colors for hue, and maybe Watch Movie on Harmony.
- in the IV select what devices i want included in my action using checkboxes
-- when a device is checked it writes to a variable or something
- when i click finish/save, it takes those variables with complete field names and writes them into a global action

It seems to me like it would just be a series of FieldReads and Writes.  Am I missing something (other than I dont know how to create the GlobalAct)?
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
You could invoke a CML macro that would write out a file that you could then read in another CML macro and do the commands. So one to create them and one to invoke them.

That file would only be available on that machine where it was written of course. Even if you do this via a set of global actions (each one invoking one of the macros) that still runs on the machine that invokes it.

Another option, though it could only do a pre-defined set of such things, is to use the variables driver. Create a set of 'scene fields' that are just strings. Gather the values in a CML macro and write them to a string as "field1=value1, field2=value2" and so forth. The runner macro could grab the indicated field value, parse the values out which easily done, and write them to their respective fields.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Well, I only have a master server, so no secondary servers anywhere. The grand idea is to go 100% WebRIVA using the rPi 7" touchscreen + iOS for mobile. Would the CML macro idea be possible in that scenario?

I find myself tweaking/creating new scenes all the time, and as I migrate everything back into CQC there should be an easy way to set and save.

This is probably valuable to folks other than myself - is there a way to get something like this baked in?
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
All actions run on the web server when you us WebRIVA, so that would work.

Such a thing could be implemented in a general purpose way, but of course it would require a lot more work than something specific, since how would it know what to include in any given scene, and how would it know the particulars of a given device and any possible gotchas involved? Is order important? Does this have to complete before that can be done, etc...
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6.0.0 Interface Viewer - Action Trace Mark Stega 1 240 03-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Escaping Character in Action Parameters gReatAutomation 0 332 09-02-2020, 05:51 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Global Variables in the Event Server context lleo 1 625 05-16-2020, 11:21 AM
  Action wait and exit if variable changes simplextech 8 1,956 02-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  [FEATURE] Event Run Action simplextech 4 1,636 01-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Global Cache Driver gReatAutomation 4 1,152 07-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Copy and Paste into Global Cache Client Interface kblagron 3 1,744 11-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Can't Find a Couple of Documented Action Commands kblagron 7 3,148 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Saving Global Actions RichardU 1 1,274 12-20-2017, 11:18 AM
  High Level Triggers and Action rules admin screen kfly 1 1,775 11-01-2017, 05:21 PM